Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Cowboys

KDawg

It's definitely the "how we lose" scenario for me. Skins look like they are going to put up a dog fight until a few minutes left in the second quarter where we have, in both games, given up what seems to be the obligatory score - okay it happens it is the NFL.   and it is division opponents.   Nope, what really bothers me is the identical scenario in both games once the second half gets underway where the D gave up 5 consecutive scores to the Fecals and 5 consecutive scores to the Cow****s.   I mean what secondary?  Josh Norman plays 20 yards off the receiver he is supposed to be covering and clearly his coverage skills and ability to keep up have turned to garbage.  

And why the **** don't we BLITZ and continue to rush 3 instead????  Manlosersky you are a whimp ass!

Honestly our D with even a modicum of decent play could have won both games.  FIVE scoring drives in a row for both teams coming out in the second half.  They find the weak link and exploit the hell out of it.  Thing is it is Norman! He is being targeted because he is playing like trash.

But when I am not a rant I have to remind myself I have been complaining about this secondary for over 15 years.   

Keenum IMO is doing his part.  Our receivers are doing enough to win ball games.  D can't get off the field.

All of the negatives have been well covered, so I'm going to put a new slant on things (slightly).

This team did something it hasn't done for awhile the offense clicked in the 2nd half.  We had 3 drives in the 2nd half and they went:  Touchdown, turnover on downs, touchdown.  That's surprisingly good.

With a defense that plays better, it's not unreasonable to expect us to score another time or two if we were given more drives in the 2nd half.

What pissed me off the most about Gruden was to decide to kick-off after the Redskins scored to make it 31-21 with 2-1/2 minutes left.

Did he bother watching ANY of the defensive plays from the last 3 qtrs.? What gave him the hint that the dilapidated defense would be able to pull off a 3-and-out when they had not done it in forever? That told me he just gave up and was hoping they would make a mistake, and all they had to do was get 1 lousy 1st down and the game was over. That is giving up in my book.

I should give Manusky a new name.

Mehadenuffsky, because I've had enough of him. Or should I say 'enuff'?

On 9/16/2019 at 11:28 AM, JSSkinz said:

I think many of us expected a 5-6 win team, what has me worried is that the defense looks terrible and that was supposed to be our rock. That could change the entire dynamic of my perception of this team going forward.

If our defense turns out to be poor and we need a complete overhaul to our secondary that's a setback because we are already looking at a complete overhaul on our O line.

Many seasons I notice that the squad that is hyped in preseason (in this case the defense) turns out to be the squad that struggles in the early regular season. I'm certainly no Manusky fan, but hopefully our D will get it together in the next couple games.

On September 16, 2019 at 12:12 PM, Renegade7 said:

There were still Dallas fans being asshats at the stadium yesterday, but on facebook Dallas fans are getting cooked for braggin about stomping the giants and redskins...by other dallas fans.  Too low a bar to judge apparently, youd think in a rivalry game itd be all good, but it borderline doesnt count to some of them now, on to bigger fish before the schedule came out

It is always tough to judge what the first couple of games really show about a team.  Now Dallas faces Miami, so anything other than a blowout will be considered a negative for Dallas.  Then they have the Saints without Drew Brees, which will also be considered fairly meaningless unless they lose.  I think it is going to be tough to gauge Dallas until the 2nd half of the season.

For me, any win against a division opponent in the NFC East is something that can not be taken for granted.

Archived