Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 hour ago, Maxito said:

Any thoughts about bringing back Samsonov? He  Just got waived by the Leafs.   Before he got waived he had been in a funk.   I haven't heard anything regarding how long Lindgrin is going to be out. 

Absolutely not.  We got rid of him for a reason.  He had a decent run last season, but he regressed back to the goalie we knew.  I'd rather see Hunter Shepard get an extended look than go back to a failed experiment we gave more than enough chances to.  And if we need an emergency call-up, Clay Stevenson just recorded his league-leading 5th shutout down in the AHL.

35 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Absolutely not.  We got rid of him for a reason.  He had a decent run last season, but he regressed back to the goalie we knew.  I'd rather see Hunter Shepard get an extended look than go back to a failed experiment we gave more than enough chances to.  And if we need an emergency call-up, Clay Stevenson just recorded his league-leading 5th shutout down in the AHL.

Agreed. Samsonov is not anything close to an upgrade over what we have now.

And frankly, we could have Marty Brodeur in his prime, and give him pads 6-feet wide, and it wouldn't matter if this team can't figure out how to score more than 2 goals per game.

31 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

i'll never understand why anyone living in ****ING MARKET has to pay 12 dollars to ESPN+ just to watch one ****ing game

Yeah I'd bootleg it over watching it on ESPN+.  

• Thumb up 2

11 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Regulation win over Pittsburgh.  Ovechkin scored.  I'm okay with this outcome.

I want a top-5 draft pick but I always want them to beat the ****ing Pens. 

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, zCommander said:

Lifting his pad up to let the puck in was just stupid. Bad time to have a reflex on something coming towards you. 

He was looking to push off to get to the other side of the net thinking the back-door pass was going to be made, a pretty reasonable thing to be looking out for given the positioning of of the puck carrier and his partner.  I'm sure he'd like to have it back, though.

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

He was looking to push off to get to the other side of the net thinking the back-door pass was going to be made, a pretty reasonable thing to be looking out for given the positioning of of the puck carrier and his partner.  I'm sure he'd like to have it back, though.

I was talking about that 4 goal after we tied scoring on both PP. The puck was coming right to his left leg.

2 hours ago, zCommander said:

I was talking about that 4 goal after we tied scoring on both PP. The puck was coming right to his left leg.

I've lost track of which goal was which.  Was that the one where the puck carrier was facing away from the net and just kinda forced it on net?  That's t he one I'm picturing, and the left pad lifted off the ice a little giving the puck clearance to slide underneath.  If that's the one, I think the left pad lifted because he was about to push off with his left skate to cover the pass.  If it's not that one, then I don't remember which goal it was.

Either way, I'm sure it's a game he'd like to have back.

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I've lost track of which goal was which.  Was that the one where the puck carrier was facing away from the net and just kinda forced it on net?  That's t he one I'm picturing, and the left pad lifted off the ice a little giving the puck clearance to slide underneath.  If that's the one, I think the left pad lifted because he was about to push off with his left skate to cover the pass.  If it's not that one, then I don't remember which goal it was.

Either way, I'm sure it's a game he'd like to have back.

That was the backward pass and really good by that player too. Very impressive goal. The one I was talking about is the one that was right before that one.