Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

8 hours ago, Springfield said:

We live in an age where goalies don’t matter.  You can’t afford to waste salary on a goalie like you can’t waste salary at RB in the NFL.

I can't agree with that statement.  It seems come playoff time one of the biggest factors in victory is a goalie going on a tear stopping everything.

8 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I can't agree with that statement.  It seems come playoff time one of the biggest factors in victory is a goalie going on a tear stopping everything.

Yes but are they always the highest paid, premier goalies?  Goalies are integral, but they aren’t always the big names.

• Like 1

There are a few elite goalies in history you would definitely pony up the dough for who were pretty much always effective in the playoffs -    Brodeur, Hasek, Roy.   In the modern era I don't think anyone has really come close to that level though.   Maybe Lundqvist or Rask.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, c slag said:

My money would be on Samsinov starting tonight in Ottawa, Reirden was really upset at Holtby for his clearing attempt during the penalty kill in the loss to Nashville 

how could you not go with him. And start him again against the Pens please 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

how could you not go with him. And start him again against the Pens please 

I would play Sammy also ,on another note as others have brought up on here ,the Capitals are probably going to need a solid performance from Holtby for a deep playoff run in a few months, especially if he has to come in off the bench again 

Kuzzy with a deflection into the back of the net 1-0 

Edited by c slag

21 minutes ago, c slag said:

I would play Sammy also ,on another note as others have brought up on here ,the Capitals are probably going to need a solid performance from Holtby for a deep playoff run in a few months, especially if he has to come in off the bench again 

Kuzzy with a deflection into the back of the net 1-0 

Correction, Oshie.

Now Kuzy has one on the second goal.

Edited by China
  • Like 1