Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bears and Eagles are in BIG, BIG trouble....

kleese

Sombody better warn the Bears and the Eagles that a nasty storm is headed their way. It's a rare storm that only takes place once the Redskins are completely out of the race and the fans no longer care.

Last year, the Redskins finished 2-0 in their last two.

Two years ago, the Redskins finished 2-0 in their last two.

Three years ago, the Redskins won their last game of the season.

Not even the Cowboys 11 game win streak could stand the power of this storm, as said streak was ended last season in a game of historic proportions at Fedex.

And while the Bears should be worried, the Eagles should be shaking in their boots.

Since 1994, the Redskins are an astounding 8-1 in the last game of the season. 3-13, 6-10? It doesn't matter-- that last one is a virtual lock.

When the games no longer matter, and the fans have left the building (literally and figuritively) the Redskins channel the 1970's Steelers and become a force the likes of which the NFL has rarely seen.

Eagles? Homefield advantage? Ha! Better root that the Rams to lose, because a storm is coming your way, and few (if any) have survived the fury over the past decade.

If fortune smiles Sunday then the Eagles will whip the Niners, the Bengals will beat the Rams, and the last game of the season won't matter one bit (Eagles will have the division and homefield locked up) and it will become a second "Irrelevant Bowl" - the first being the Eagles/ Bucs last game of the 2001 season. If that happens... then I like the Skins chances. :)

Originally posted by TexasEagle

If fortune smiles Sunday then the Eagles will whip the Niners, the Bengals will beat the Rams, and the last game of the season won't matter one bit (Eagles will have the division and homefield locked up) and it will become a second "Irrelevant Bowl" - the first being the Eagles/ Bucs last game of the 2001 season. If that happens... then I like the Skins chances. :)

Which I'm pretty sure was the point. :)

Originally posted by kleese

How my sarcasm is being missed by some of you is beyond me :)

You have to remember to use the sarcasm tags. For example:

[sarcasm]

There is no way the Redskins will come out flat against the Bears. There's still a lot of fight left in that dog!

[/sarcasm]

Originally posted by Cleotis

i actually think we may beat the eagles. kleese let me get some of that :alcoholic

Here’s a tell-tell sign; someone just put tickets to the Eagles game on my desk in the 100s section. My first thought was, “how can I politely give these back?”. If it’s anything like last Sunday, it will be cold, and there will be more Philly fans than Skins fans.

Oh the agony…

Archived