Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Awesome Problem ; How do you say we split the carries ?

Malapropismic Depository

Can anyone recall the play he got injured?

Jay appears to be going down guns blazing. And if he has been taking orders his entire time here, it sucks AP had to be the victim but hopefully AP understands Jay has been screwed over and maybe its not about AP.

The way to split carries is ditch our ****ing pathetic run game. Very quickly the strength of our team became the WRs the moment Jonathan Allen limped off.  Work the WRs early and make the run game for milking the clock.  Jay needs to jump on top of opponents aggressively and tell Manusky to not be afraid to blitz QBs.  Go ****ing hurry up and pass happy ONE TIME before you get fired.  Jay wants to pass, he really does. But for some reason feels like he can only do it via a long and slow methodical approach that takes hours to transpire.

5 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

A sprained knee is not awful.  Yes, he could miss a few games, but as long as the sprain is the extent of it, it isn't that surprising that he would sprain a knee that he was overly-favoring.  

Isnt a sprained knee the same thing RG3 had before he tore his ACL in playoff game?

19 hours ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

He's been stealing money almost every season he's worked here, how did the FO screw him over by employing him as a HC for all these years and rewarding his mediocrity? If they're so bad, he can always resign and forfeit the remainder of his deal, he's guaranteed to get an OC job somewhere.

That's a fair response.   Allow me to rephrase, that may help.  Let's set the table.

1. Jay likely feels that the FO has interfered in the team since he has been here. (Griffin Vs Cousins, Alex Smith, losing Desean/Garcon and others, etc.)
2. I get the feeling that Jay kind of expects thins to be like this and then he's gone.   Unless we make a run to a title, I think he's gone in his head already. 
3. Because of 2, why not take a shot with doing things differently?
3. He did not want AP, he wanted to keep someone (maybe Samaje, who knows.)

4. It feels like a the natural.  Roy Hobbs was signed, he's a good hitter, but because the coach didn't want him, he sat the bench.
5. From what has been said recently, Jay seems like he's tired of caring this FO's water.   

6. I don't think he's intentionally sabotaging the team, but I do think he's had his fill.  So some of these shots are meant to get the FO attention, since they seem content to hide behind Jay and Doug.

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What was this, I just heard about a quote from Jay, which I thought they said Jay doesn't like AP because of his North/South running style, which makes it "easier for defenses" ?

That doesn't even make sense to me.

Jay wants to run out of the gun using a combination of stretch-zone and RO/RPO type stuff.  AP is a one-cut back who prefers to run with the QB under center.

Jay believes this is a tell. 

Jay is right because Jay makes it so.

For any other coach, they would figure out how to use this tontgeur advantage.  Jay sees it as a detriment to his offense.

19 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Jay wants to run out of the gun using a combination of stretch-zone and RO/RPO type stuff.  AP is a one-cut back who prefers to run with the QB under center.

Jay believes this is a tell. 

Jay is right because Jay makes it so.

For any other coach, they would figure out how to use this tontgeur advantage.  Jay sees it as a detriment to his offense.

2 things that will go down in history as the 2 great mysteries in life.

What causes Jay fall in love with certain players.

And what causes Jay to dislike certain players.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

2 things that will go down in history as the 2 great mysteries in life.

What causes Jay fall in love with certain players.

And what causes Jay to dislike certain players.

I don't actually think it's a mystery at all.  

Jay loves players who he believes understands exactly what he wants done and will give every effort to execute his system, even if they are physically limited.  The fact they can't do what he wants is irrelevant, as long as they try hard and know what they are supposed to do.

AP doesn't really want to do what Jay wants to do.  He prefers running a different style than Jay prefers.  There are 2 ways of looking at this:

1. AP needs to adjust and fit into the scheme.

2. Jay needs to adjust the scheme to take advantage of one of the best players on the roster.

I think in most cases, you'd see some of both.  You don't want to abandon what you are doing for one player. (**Caveat: The complete inability to run the ball in 5 years might indicate what you are trying to do sucks, and you should try something else, but I digress). 

However, you also want to take best advantage of the roster you have.  And if you have a weapon like AP, if he prefers to run from under-center, then you really should figure out how to use it.  Otherwise, what's the point of even having him.

Which brings us back to why Jay would have preferred to have the significantly less talented or productive Perine on the roster than AP.  With Perine, if Guice got hurt (he did) he could call his beloved gun-runs for 2 yards with impunity. With AP, he has to adjust. Which he just doesn't want to do.

So, here's where I stand:  it should be Jay's decision what he wants to do, who he wants to play.  But it had better work.  Week 1 was a disaster for Jay not because he chose to sit AP, but because he chose to sit AP and they still couldn't run the ball. 

Hell, I could see a scenario where if Belichick was coaching this team playing the Bears, he might start CT and rotate Smallwood, and never attempt a traditional running play.  Why?  Because running against that defense is such a low probably, you put yourself behind more times than not.  So you try other things.  And having a lot of quick game and throws to RBs in space would be more effective than runs.

Archived