Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WR Cam Sims 2019 Campaign

Vanguard

Marko once caught a fade TD in preseason.

I think it was the first fade I had seen in a decade.

Sucked me right in

Sims isn't just a "camp sensation". He made the team out of camp last year. Sure some of that was Harris getting concussed but fact is he was on 53 to start the year.  A rookie free agent WR on a week 1 roster seems damn rare.

Like a rare ****ing gem.  Add in Mr Eye Quinn.

Let's do this.  

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

I haven't seen enough from any of our WRs. I really don't know what the Skins are going to do. I saw something today that said Doctson could be cut. So who the hell knows. 

Yea you’re kind of right.  I think it has more to do with the poor play calling, and subpar QB play.  I’ve always liked Sims, McLaurin is an unknown (really don’t like how Jay has handled this) Doctson is below average,  Davis needs more looks, Quinn didn’t play for whatever reason.  I really can’t put most of this on the receivers. 

3 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Yea you’re kind of right.  I think it has more to do with the poor play calling, and subpar QB play.  I’ve always liked Sims, McLaurin is an unknown (really don’t like how Jay has handled this) Doctson is below average,  Davis needs more looks, Quinn didn’t play for whatever reason.  I really can’t put most of this on the receivers. 

I think Gruden should've been fired this offseason. He might be the worse play caller. 

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This is another case, where the thread title should probably be updated, due to changes in times.

In this case, substitute "Steven" for the word "Cam" 😀

I thought it was interesting that, although Cam Sims was open on the TD throw, Haskins made the harder throw to S Sims.  I think Steve Sims bailed out Haskins on that throw. 

I wonder if Haskins was unsure of Cam because of the previous drop, OR he is not comfortable with his "touch" passing OR maybe he just was locked in on his first read. 🤔😉

:229:The Rook

Cam has had some big drops this pre-season. Off the top of my head there are rhe obvious two last night and then one in game one. That's three in a handful of targets... Was this a knock on him out of school? If so, idk why we should make anything more than the PS.

I'm glad we got some good looks from the WR bubbles- Davis, C Sims, S Sims, Kidsy. I would have liked to see more from Harmon, but being that he was a pick this year, I assume he has a spot locked up.

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Just waived, and that I'm leaving open the possibility that it's to clear waivers so we can IR him.

if we were going to IR him he'd have to be waived injured.   This might be to get him to the PS.  But then again he does seem to be the first WR we cut.  So I guess he may be done

21 hours ago, The Rook said:

I thought it was interesting that, although Cam Sims was open on the TD throw, Haskins made the harder throw to S Sims.  I think Steve Sims bailed out Haskins on that throw. 

I wonder if Haskins was unsure of Cam because of the previous drop, OR he is not comfortable with his "touch" passing OR maybe he just was locked in on his first read. 🤔😉

:229:The Rook

I agree that that TD pass could have been higher and thus a lot easier on himself, but I did like that no defenders had a shot at it--not even at contesting it. 

But the late-developing Sims opening up in the back of the endzone was definitely not his first read. I thought that was actually some impressive patience given he could have taken the underneath route--he knew he had the time and space to wait for the throw he wanted. I'm sure he knows he could've put a little more air under it. 

• TK locked this topic

Archived