Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With Angry/Venting mode off......what do we do to fix this team?

NoCalMike

Stop worrying about what we don't have and make due with what we do have. We've got to stop bringing in players from here and there until we fix the problems with our existing talent. Some of this is motivation, some is play calling, some is maturity. Use our #1 & #2 of DL. Maybe add a punter and TE, but we've got to stay away from big Free agents and make due with what is here already.

Originally posted by Dr. D

start over.....

Ya know, as silly as this sounds. I almost agree. I mean seriously what good are Champ/Lavar when we are STILL LOSING. They take up a huge salary to play on a team that is losing regardless.

Something is definately wrong when Lavar is known for hitting hard on tackles, yet all 5'7" 175 pounds of Dat Ngyuen knows enough about fundamentals to drive his head into the ball to force a fumble.

1. Hire GM Rich McKay, should have final say over all personel decisions. Snyder should leave himself in charge of schmoozing free agents only.

2. Resign Champ

3. Resign Russell

4. Renegotiate Lavar

5. Resign Darryl Gardner

6. Sign a huge DT, a Ted Washington/Norman Hand type.

7. Do whatever we can, draft or otherwise to find two quality pass rushing DEs.

8. Do whatever we can, draft or otherwise to find a quality TE.

Next season will be like this year. There is no evidence that the current formula of management, coaches and players will ever amount to anything.

Next year this same thread will appear after the 2nd loss to Dallas.

I really don't care if they win another game this season. They are all total and complete failures.

This was the 'Skins superbowl? The players talk a great pre-game, and the coach always apologizes at post-game. That's the legacy of the current 'Skins incarnation.

Originally posted by spanishomelette

Next season will be like this year. There is no evidence that the current formula of management, coaches and players will ever amount to anything.

DrunkenBoxer appears to be under the illusion if you don't fix anything.. the Redskins will automatically be better next year... and every other NFL team will inevitably get worse.

He'd bet on the Titanic "every day and twice on Sundays".

I'm starting to agree with the GM idea

1. GM

2. Fire Spurrier and his rage tag bunch

3. Get some damn Pass Rush? Going into the game we had 11.5 sacks from all our D-line!

4. Halfback with skills! meaning one that is dangerous out of backfield catching-blocking-running. ROCK might be good with a Offensive System

5. Resign LaVar

6. CUT Armstead and Trotter these guys look like old men with sad run speed. Wheels are broke need to get some youth and speed.

7. Attempt to resign Champ! if doesn't work bring in one of the many solid FA ones

8. Bring in someone that can run a Offense

9. Bring in someone that can run a Defense

10. Attack the FA market for skilled players. Main goal is guys that put pressure on QB.

actually no, die hard, I think that we will do nothing and get worse next year, but I think it will be good for us in the long run.

I can't shake the feeling that the problem starts with the fact that the players know they are in charge. They know that if they complain and perform poorly, its the coach who gets the boot.

I just don't see how we can keep going back to the same well that has killed us these last couple years.

(By the way, I found your post very clever, cross referencing threads and what not. also, I really do respect what you are saying, even if I am too angry to admit it sometimes)

-DB

Archived