Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where is the Outrage over Boeing 737-MAX?

Fergasun

Just wondering what effect this all is going to have on the national economy. 

Boeing has been one of America's main export products for what, 75 years?  

I remember reading that, I think it's the commerce department, tracks US imports and exports by breaking them down into categories. And some of the categories are a lot more detailed that others. But that the category that had more exports than any other was "4 engine jet aircraft"  

And I can easily see that whole thing just going away. 

Posted (edited)

Boeing only has itself to blame, by putting profits over quality. That may be OK if you're producing calculators, but not OK when you're making planes carrying hundreds of paying customers.

I honestly hope someone goes to jail for this. Leaving information about the MCAS out of the flight manual just to avoid FAA scrutiny (and cost more $$$) was a criminal conspiracy.

It seems that "too big to fail" is used as an excuse by many companies to engage in illegal behavior.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2024 at 1:36 PM, skinsmarydu said:

Lockheed?  

Hubby's stepfather was an engineer there, and when my husband took over his local industrial rubber plant, that was his first contract.  Had it for decades. 

Fancy way of saying your husband sold condoms 🤪

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

Boeing whistleblower John Barnett died by suicide, coroner rules

Boeing whistleblower John “Mitch” Barnett took his own life on March 9, South Carolina authorities reiterated in two reports released Friday. All findings suggest he died from a single, self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Barnett, 62, was found dead in his truck in Charleston, S.C. He was in the midst of giving depositions alleging Boeing retaliated against him for complaints about quality lapses, and was scheduled to continue depositions the day his body was found.

As he was a Boeing whistleblower caught up in a long legal fight with his embattled former employer, Barnett’s death received global attention. That attention intensified this month when a second whistleblower, Joshua Dean of Boeing supplier Spirit AeroSystems, died from an infection. 

Click on the link for the full article

And so did Epstein.

The idea that Boeing can’t make this guy disappear/take a payoff and instead has to go through this messy murder/suicide business that internet geniuses like China can easily see through is incredibly hilarious to me.