Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Superbowl Sunday Thread

bakedtater1

I don't think I ever recall seeing a Super Bowl thread started on any Super Bowl Sunday here in the stadium. So I'd like to give it a whirl and try it each Superbowl Sunday.

I figured maybe this could be a great place to speak about today's big game, any other Super Bowl game, Redskins Super bowls wins or losses.. anything anybody can share about the Redskins, sure I have Google and YouTube but why when I have one stop shopping here. Today I intend to make it a festivity and get really involved by watching the game and not only the game but all the pregame stuff leading up to it. I will be rooting for the Rams. Enjoy the game everybody and be merry.

I remember the Redskins broncos game so vividly clear because that's when we were living in southern California and my father worked for design masonry and through the playoffs won a handful of money and by then obviously everybody knew how die-hard of a fan he was so one of the big wigs offered him tickets to the Super Bowl in San Diego and he turned them down because he knew for sure the Super Bowl was in Florida and couldn't afford to travel there, I know over the several years I've mentioned this story before but every Super Bowl it reminds me of that. The game against the bills my uncle a die hard bills fan lived across the street.. remember than when you made banners off the computer with all the printer paper?.. we made one up that was about 10 ft long saying something I can't remember and we went across the street and went marching around in their house with it..IT WAS EPIC.. I also won a lot of lunch money. Those were the two Super bowls I were alive for, please for those who were alive and witnessed the other Super bowls please feel free to share any memories or memories of any Redskins Super Bowl for that matter. Still to this day though on a more very excellent intense on the edge of your seat game best Super Bowl game ever I have to give to the Patriots and Panthers. The year before Adam v's game winning field goal was a pretty damn good Super Bowl too. That particular Super Bowl really really does have a special place in my heart..that of course was the Superbowl of the 9/11 year. 

Was born in 1987 and only been into NFL/been a Skins fan for about 10 years now so no Skins stories from me unfortunately.

Any Redskin worth his salt should be rooting hard for the Rams tonight I would think given the McVay connection. Brady, Belichick and the cheatriots have had a great run and nothing but absolute respect for their achievements (although less respect for some of the methods they've employed to get there) but it is time for a changing of the guard.

Sean McVay is one of our own - was an absolute credit to the organisation when he was here and produced some of the most exciting offense I've seen in my short Skins history. The guy oozes class, and I for one will be rooting hard for him and the Rams to lift that Lombardi.

Best Superbowl memory- Mark Rypien running down the field throwing punches in the air

Worst Superbowl memory- obviously Marcus Allen running circles through the defense 

All time favorite Superbowl Sunday memory- The Snowvechkin game vs.Penguins on February 7,2010

1 hour ago, c slag said:

Best Superbowl memory- Mark Rypien running down the field throwing punches in the air

Worst Superbowl memory- obviously Marcus Allen running circles through the defense 

All time favorite Superbowl Sunday memory- The Snowvechkin game vs.Penguins on February 7,2010

What's up with that hockey game/Superbowl thing?

I'm an Ol New Jersey guy that started rooting for the skins years ago. 1983 to be exact.  Since Im from NY Giants area, it was fun to pump my chest at all my Giants friends. Us fans have enjoyed several more superbowls since then and I think a lot of us started taking this playoff thing for granted. I know I did. But OH how times have changed. It has become increasingly hard to root for this team. In all fairness, I've seen way too many games decided by horrible officiating as well. And it has caused me to question the integrity of this game. My interest level has nose dived over the past 5-6 years and I stopped routing my weekends around this game & team. The superbowl has become less interesting as well. Not just because we're not in it, but because of the way the other teams GOT in it. Yes they are talented teams, but as I said the officiating steered these teams there. It was blatantly obvious, and is a disgrace. This is the most flawed sport in our nation and probably the world. Everything should be subject to replay. Bad calls , no calls, etc.  Shouldn't  matter if game takes 5 hrs. Get it right!  Oh and,  this superbowl will be " the changing of the guard" as the Rams will win. Its good for the league so it will be........

I’m excited for tonight’s game. Final game of the nfl season until August when preseason rolls around. I’ll be in withdrawal mode next weekend 😭😭😭😭 the nba/nhl/mlb offseasons aren’t that long, what gives NFL??? 😭😭 

my favorite super bowl memory was saints vs colts, as i was at that super bowl :D actually, the entire weekend was memorable. Got to spend the entire weekend in 75 degree weather while my friends were all back at home in the blizzard. Got to play touch football with Tom cruise and Katy Holmes (back when my dad had redskins connections). Don’t think I’ll ever do anything like that again 😂

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

What's up with that hockey game/Superbowl thing?

I actually think it's become a tradition I remember going to games at Capital Centre and trying to get back in time to see the Superbowl kickoff back in the early 90s 

In fact the Capitals are at home playing the Bruins now

50 minutes ago, c slag said:

I actually think it's become a tradition I remember going to games at Capital Centre and trying to get back in time to see the Superbowl kickoff back in the early 90s 

In fact the Capitals are at home playing the Bruins now

Totally confused man lol... It sounds like there's a hockey game on or an important hockey game that was on on Super Bowl Sunday..?

54 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m excited for tonight’s game. Final game of the nfl season until August when preseason rolls around. I’ll be in withdrawal mode next weekend 😭😭😭😭 the nba/nhl/mlb offseasons aren’t that long, what gives NFL??? 😭😭 

my favorite super bowl memory was saints vs colts, as i was at that super bowl :D actually, the entire weekend was memorable. Got to spend the entire weekend in 75 degree weather while my friends were all back at home in the blizzard. Got to play touch football with Tom cruise and Katy Holmes (back when my dad had redskins connections). Don’t think I’ll ever do anything like that again 😂

That's way awesome.. I appreciate ya sharing that.

1 hour ago, Monkman56 said:

I'm an Ol New Jersey guy that started rooting for the skins years ago. 1983 to be exact.  Since Im from NY Giants area, it was fun to pump my chest at all my Giants friends. Us fans have enjoyed several more superbowls since then and I think a lot of us started taking this playoff thing for granted. I know I did. But OH how times have changed. It has become increasingly hard to root for this team. In all fairness, I've seen way too many games decided by horrible officiating as well. And it has caused me to question the integrity of this game. My interest level has nose dived over the past 5-6 years and I stopped routing my weekends around this game & team. The superbowl has become less interesting as well. Not just because we're not in it, but because of the way the other teams GOT in it. Yes they are talented teams, but as I said the officiating steered these teams there. It was blatantly obvious, and is a disgrace. This is the most flawed sport in our nation and probably the world. Everything should be subject to replay. Bad calls , no calls, etc.  Shouldn't  matter if game takes 5 hrs. Get it right!  Oh and,  this superbowl will be " the changing of the guard" as the Rams will win. Its good for the league so it will be........

This has got to be absolutely the best post I've ever read...I love this..thank you for posting this.. a lot of the points you made I am 100% behind or agree with... And thank you for sharing you're story about living in Giants country.. I could imagine how intense that would have been in the 80s, we would win the division they would win the division it was smash mouth head butting games..how cool thanks again man.

• Jumbo locked this topic

Archived