Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

11 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Davey handled the staff perfectly tonight.

Davey does a pretty good job handling the staff. He occasionally goes with the struggling reliever to get him going that blows up, but he overall makes good moves.

13 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

The running catch by Robles in the gap was huge. Not sure anybody else on the team makes that play. Runner on 1st probably scores on that play or at worst men on 2nd & 3rd with no outs.

https://www.mlb.com/video/max-scherzer-in-play-out-s-to-ronald-torreyes

Even with a league average bat, Robles is a 4-5 WAR player

There's a dude on 980 right now predicting the Giants trade for Scherzer. Apparently they have a deep farm system. If they offer some good prospects, and we're clearly out of it by July, I might just pull the trigger. I love Max but you gotta make moves with your head, not with your heart.

On 6/6/2021 at 6:38 PM, Riggo#44 said:

Is that Dykstra?!

Such a frustrating loss, but, it is par for the course this season. The Fire Davey di****s are in full force 

Anyone who suggests firing Davey when we haven't even had a legit non pandemic season post World Series is an idiot.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There's a dude on 980 right now predicting the Giants trade for Scherzer. Apparently they have a deep farm system. If they offer some good prospects, and we're clearly out of it by July, I might just pull the trigger. I love Max but you gotta make moves with your head, not with your heart.

He has 10-5 rights, this requires him to approve any trade--which he has said is unlikely.

9 hours ago, -JB- said:

Play Zimm every day!!!

"I know I can't play everyday anymore" -- Ryan Zimmerman.

Also, last 25-30 games, Bell has a .850-ish OPS. He is approaching a league average bat--given that he was batting .113 at the end of April, that's fantastic.

14 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

I'd love a count of balls in the strikezone called a ball for our pitchers vs ball not in the strikezone called a strike against our hitters.

I've been wondering the same thing. Even in the World Series, the Astros were getting the beneficial call at almost 2:1.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

"I know I can't play everyday anymore" -- Ryan Zimmerman.

Also, last 25-30 games, Bell has a .850-ish OPS. He is approaching a league average bat--given that he was batting .113 at the end of April, that's fantastic.

I've been wondering the same thing. Even in the World Series, the Astros were getting the beneficial call at almost 2:1.

We all know Zimm is just an extremely humble guy!  Davey’s job to do what’s best for the team & sticking with guys for too long as they stink it up is a recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, -JB- said:

We all know Zimm is just an extremely humble guy!  Davey’s job to do what’s best for the team & sticking with guys for too long as they stink it up is a recipe for disaster.

Do tell...