Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

13 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Good day for Lara as he moved into the MLB Pipeline to 30. Nunez has been up long enough to move off the list (which means Lipscomb and Parker’s spot will open up too).

12 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

...... yeah, I don't know, Ted. 

he would instantly be better than the lerners 

and wow... Nats games that people can actually watch on TV? 

The MASN deal is already close to resolution anyway and without malcontents up north one would hope a more reasonable Rubenstein would be willing to sever ties and assign the Nationals their own TV rights finally.

And what better place to put them than Monumental Sports Network, a channel most people already get for Caps and Wizards games.

13 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

The MASN deal is already close to resolution anyway and without malcontents up north one would hope a more reasonable Rubenstein would be willing to sever ties and assign the Nationals their own TV rights finally.

And what better place to put them than Monumental Sports Network, a channel most people already get for Caps and Wizards games.

Why would Leonsis have to own the team to have the Nats broadcasted on Monumental?

12 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Why would Leonsis have to own the team to have the Nats broadcasted on Monumental?

It's not a guarantee but the sheer notion of the Nats actually being able to be seen in the area is very enticing. Factor in Leonsis/ willingness to keep star talent and it's a no-brainer.

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

It's not a guarantee but the sheer notion of the Nats actually being able to be seen in the area is very enticing. Factor in Leonsis/ willingness to keep star talent and it's a no-brainer.

I agree with having the Nationals on Monumental. But Leonsis owning the team doesn’t have to be a requisite for that to happen.

Also, like you, I would love to have Rendon here on a full no-trade clause. 🤣

And, ughh, having Abrams, Gore, and Wood in this organization is probably the worst thing that has ever happened to this franchise.

But we’ve known Ted has kept the Wizards a consistent winner during his ownership. With the salary cap in the NBA it gets so hard to decide which free agents to sign because the demand to come to Washington is so damn high.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Yes, because rich people love giving away assets. 

28 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The MASN network essentially has no cash flow and no value in the sale,  with almost all the revenue going to the two teams. MASN is basically a shell and with cord cutting and people being driven to VPN's and piracy because of antiquated blackout restrictions,  it needs to be put out of it's mystery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

The MASN network essentially has no cash flow and no value in the sale,  with almost all the revenue going to the two teams. MASN is basically a shell and with cord cutting and people being driven to VPN's and piracy because of antiquated blackout restrictions,  it needs to be put out of it's mystery. 

The revenue stream is the asset and, as I understand it, the Orioles get more of the pie than just what the Orioles generate because Old ****face negotiated an awesome deal for himself. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The revenue stream is the asset and, as I understand it, the Orioles get more of the pie than just what the Orioles generate because Old ****face negotiated an awesome deal for himself. 

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Someone said grant and Danny (I don't listen) relayed that since Leonsis and rubenstein are friends they can come to an agreement to resolve the masn issue. 

I hope this would be the case but baby steps first. 

19 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Someone said grant and Danny (I don't listen) relayed that since Leonsis and rubenstein are friends they can come to an agreement to resolve the masn issue. 

I hope this would be the case but baby steps first. 

That would be great and I hope they can (if Leonsis actually buys the team, which I hope never happens).  My comment was simply stating my doubts that Rubenstein would let go of MASNs rights to the Nats for nothing.  

29 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Quarter of the way into the season, who had Finnegan leading the majors in saves?

I did. Granted I had a 104 degree fever at the time

Posted (edited)

Ugh. Don't think we can rely on Ruiz being the catcher of the future. Seems like what he provides behind the plate has decreased every year since the trade here.

His constant giving up on pitches on the edge of the zone drives me crazy. Ball is in the zone on pitch track and he doesn't bother to even frame it...

His arm strength looks no where near MLB level either

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 1