Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Watched most of the game yesterday. Observations:

Trevor Williams - nice outing 4 IP 1H 1K 2BB

Alex Call - nice defense, HR, 1B, K w/ bases loaded

MacKensie Gore - nice outing; 3 2/3 IP 1H 4K 2BB 0ER; he wastes a lot of pitches in the dirt w/ 1 WP & several bouncing in front of the plate

Thaddeus Ward - looked good closing it out - K, 1B, BB, GIDP; didn't get rattled after the BB (on 4 pitches) & came back throwing strikes.

James Wood - K swinging on a low slider; didn't look good in only AB; dude does not look 240lbs

Elijah Green - saw nothing but 94+ fastballs; whiffed on 96 & then drew the BB

Victor Robles - looks the same to me at the plate - 0-3 K

They hit a lot of flyballs with not a lot of hard hit balls - except for Call's HR. Dom Smith got robbed by NYY SS on his only hard hit liner stabbed by SS. 

They looked solid - good defense & good pitching. Didn't notice any baserunning mistakes - Garcia avoided a really bad tag attempt to stretch a single into a double. 

Article about food at Nats Park - https://dc.eater.com/2023/3/28/23658661/what-to-eat-drink-at-nationals-park-washington-nationals-2023-season

• Like 1

I forgot to add: The introduction of the time clock is awesome. First game I've seen this year and was surprised how much better it made it. No more unending gloves/pants/crotch adjustments or pitchers endlessly rubbing the ball & staring into CF. Great improvement. It's going to be interesting to see once the hot weather hits in the summer.

One of the announcer comments was: If your in RF or LF and have to run to the dugout in order to lead off the inning you're going to be tired. They have to be ready to hit in 2 minutes 15 seconds between innings.

• Like 1

I used to leave at the 7th inning cause I live in dulles and it takes like 2 hours to get home. I left at 9 30 and wouldn't get back until 11. It was ridiculous I couldn't see a full game. Yesterday I was there all game and it took 2 hours and 33 minutes. 

Some of us have to ****ing work tomorrow. We don't have time to watch 3 hour games 

Does anyone else HATE these Nats caps?  I intensely hate this block W cap they're wearing today (They wore these hats a LOT last year).  They should only be wearing the curly W red hats at home, and the navy curly W hats on the road. 

11 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Does anyone else HATE these Nats caps?  I intensely hate this block W cap they're wearing today (They wore these hats a LOT last year).  They should only be wearing the curly W red hats at home, and the navy curly W hats on the road. 

It doesn't bother me too much tbh. I like my Block W Cherry Blossom hat. 

You know what I hate? When people ask me why I'm wearing a Walgreens hat. 

1 minute ago, CobraCommander said:

It doesn't bother me too much tbh. I like my Block W Cherry Blossom hat. 

You know what I hate? When people ask me why I'm wearing a Walgreens hat. 

I don't have a problem with the Cherry Blossom hat/uniforms.  I actually like that uniform when we wear it.  I just hate this default white block W hat we've been rocking since last year.  Our logo is still the curly W, and our helmets are curly W's, so I don't know why they keep pushing this new weird white W hat.  No one I know rocks this hat.

8 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I don't have a problem with the Cherry Blossom hat/uniforms.  I actually like that uniform when we wear it.  I just hate this default white block W hat we've been rocking since last year.  Our logo is still the curly W, and our helmets are curly W's, so I don't know why they keep pushing this new weird white W hat.  No one I know rocks this hat.

Yeah I don't know anyone that does either, I wouldn't buy one.