Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, Renegade7 said:

This brutal, Kershaw starts game 2. This is what I mean by running into team that can pitch, too, but can also hit.  Just being able to pitch isn't good enough, this franchise's identity is doing only half their homework and expecting a passing grade

Our offensive numbers in the regular season are good.

But those same guys just poop the bed in October.

Not sure what can be done. Just follow the Caps formula: keep getting there and hope one year the stars align and you can win it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

This brutal, Kershaw starts game 2. This is what I mean by running into team that can pitch, too, but can also hit.  Just being able to pitch isn't good enough, this franchise's identity is doing only half their homework and expecting a passing grade

We've hit well all season long against good pitchers. This team is just so damn streaky when it comes to hitting or not hitting, especially when the stakes are higher. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There are just too many weak spots on this roster to beat a team like LA. Championship teams don't start Asdrubal Cabrera or Howie Kendrick or have Fernando freaking Rodney coming out of the pen.

In theory, you're right.  But weird **** happens so much in baseball and several World Series winners have had some sketchy ass guys in their line up and BP.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

In theory, you're right.  But weird **** happens so much in baseball and several World Series winners have had some sketchy ass guys in their line up and BP.

Were any of them from the city of Washington DC?

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Our offensive numbers in the regular season are good.

But those same guys just poop the bed in October.

Not sure what can be done. Just follow the Caps formula: keep getting there and hope one year the stars align and you can win it.

5 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

We've hit well all season long against good pitchers. This team is just so damn streaky when it comes to hitting or not hitting, especially when the stakes are higher. 

They've been doing this in October since they got here.  I agree with hoping the dam finally breaks on this team, part of me hoped that was last tuesday, but now I see that wasn't only monkey they needed to get off their back.  This is so between the ears, when's the last time they gave a huge free agent contract to a hitter like they do star pitchers?  Werth?  The priority with this team is obvious, they invest in pitching and try to maximize the talent they have on hitting.  

• Like 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

They've been doing this in October since they got here.  I agree with hoping the dam finally breaks on this team, part of me hoped that was last tuesday, but now I see that wasn't only monkey they needed to get off their back.  This is so between the ears, when's the last time they gave a huge free agent contract to a hitter like they do star pitchers?  Werth?  The priority with this team is obvious, they invest in pitching and try to maximize the talent they have on hitting.  

The Nationals scored more combined runs (total number of runs in each series) than their opponent in both the 2016 and 2017 NLDS.