Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ark Monk

Heavy Jumbo

Sadly nobody outside of Redskins circles will recognize how good he really was. I have a wallpaper I got from thehogs.net for my computer at work (I work at a newspaper) and none of the guys I work with believe me when I say he was Jerry Rice before Rice came into the league. Their careers were so close he became overshadowed by Rice and I don't think anyone remembers he held the record for most catches in a career, in a single season and most consecutive games with a catch when he retired. He is the main reason I got into the Redskins when I was young and now when people at my work try to give me a hard time about my Monk wallpaper all I say is, "You bet Art Monk, come on, Monk for the Hall.

"And the football gods said, Verily, we have promised the faithful among you a great silver trophy-- more than one, even-- and you shall place this promise in the Ark of the Chosen and you shall know him, for he will come from Syracuse."

Kevin West, AWESOME...I want to add this to my sig!!!!

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyBoy

Sadly... I don't think many of you realize that the roster DB has him listed as ARK Monk, he was making fun of the fact that one of the greatest Redskins of all time has his very easy to spell name misspelled in an extremely comprehensive Roster DB.

He's not some kid who doesn't know his history.

Thank you.

Now.....Do I get a new avatar? :cheers:

Originally posted by Blade

:doh:

Thanks for catching that Buck.

Oversight fixed.... ARK is now back to being himself again :cheers:

Just so you know, I wasn't LOOKING for a mistake, I just stumbled upon one.

Thanks for putting so much time and effort into Extremeskins and making it such a great site!

Archived