Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Kareem Hunt released by Chiefs after video surfaces

zCommander

The Chiefs are parting ways with Kareem Hunt.

Kansas City is releasing the running back, the team announced Friday evening.

"Earlier this year, we were made aware of an incident involving running back Kareem Hunt," the team said in a statement. "At that time, the National Football League and law enforcement initiated investigations into the issue. As part of our internal discussions with Kareem, several members of our management team spoke directly to him. Kareem was not truthful in those discussions. The video released today confirms that fact. We are releasing Kareem immediately."

More here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000994161/article/chiefs-release-kareem-hunt-after-video-surfaces

I have seen the video on TMZ and it looks like both of them and so called friends are really drunk and both getting in each other faces. Not an excuse. But when you are not sober and totally wasted you do things you want to forget the next day. Had Kareem done this before though? 

Has any charges been filed. In not maybe Redskins can pick him up as well and reunite him with Alex... :P

2 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

Supposedly there's a second incident the league is looking into also.

Hunt allegedly punching a man in the face at an Ohio resort in June. The NFL found enough from that incident to add to Hunt's discipline. He's going to be out for 2018, and well into 2019 (more than six weeks). And it doesn't start until he's off the Reserve/Commissioner Exempt List. IMO I feel this is it for him. I doubt any team picks him up off waivers (4pm Monday). The statute of limitations does allow the victims to still file charges in the wake of the videos, but Monday is the earliest that can happen. It could end up being just a misdemeanor, but I think once your shown on a video (Rice), that's it. We'll see.

2 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

Do you think this will be like Foster and we can put a waiver claim in on him with no competition?  Could you imagine having him in our backfield???

I'll be honest with you, I really feel that Kareem will clean up his act if some team were to claim him. Unfortunately, I don't feel the same with Foster. Not saying that I feel that he's guilty or not, but that he's weak in the status girlfriend (meaning her towards him) department. 

People got drunk, they were arguing, there was some pushing. Honestly I think this whole thing is overblown. Not saying it was right, but in terms of violence this was pretty mild. Hunt pushed a guy really hard and he happened to careen into the girl. That was the worst of it.

18 hours ago, abdcskins said:

People got drunk, they were arguing, there was some pushing. Honestly I think this whole thing is overblown. Not saying it was right, but in terms of violence this was pretty mild. Hunt pushed a guy really hard and he happened to careen into the girl. That was the worst of it.

Didn't they say Hunt was kicking the girl when she was on the ground?

I haven't seen the video.

Archived