Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anti-Vaxxer thread (New York Reports 1st Polio Case in Nearly a Decade)

China

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Luckily you cannot get shingles from someone with chickenpox. I saw a kid with what had to be chickenpox last week at Disneyland Paris. Poor kid and poor whoever they infected.  😬

Apparently I have a few HS friends who have been getting shingles pre 50, when the booster is recommended. Planning on getting the booster soon even though I'm 49. 

My brother had shingles in his late 20s. I got the chickenpox for a second time from him. 😒

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

My brother had shingles in his late 20s. I got the chickenpox for a second time from him. 😒

Yeah it's weird that shingles can cause others to catch chickenpox but not the other way round. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thumb up 1

36 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yeah it's weird that shingles can cause others to catch chickenpox but not the other way round. 

Not really.  When you get chickenpox the virus that causes it stays in your system and can come out later in life as shingles.  Then when you have active shingles, the virus is active and can be shed to give other people chickenpox.  

However if you've already had chicken pox you have some immunity and thus won't develop shingles from being exposed to somebody else's chickenpox virus.  If you haven't had chickenpox, you are likely to just develop chickenpox.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1