Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Fun idea for a TV show:
In a time in which a wave of insanity has swept over the trailer parks of the land,  have everyone that is unaffected switch parties enough for a guy named "Ike Shmence" to win the big political nomination, then have the corrupt evil overlord have him assassinated. 
I mean, it writes itself. Jack Bauer, Matt Helm, Duck Dodgers, you can use them all. 4 seasons, easy!

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Haha 1

N.C. city leaders privately questioned whether Trump-headlined convention was worth it: docs

hen former President Donald Trump and other prominent presidential candidates come to town, local governments often find themselves expending significant public resources to ensure public safety.

Greensboro, N.C., was no different when the North Carolina Republican Party Convention came to town in June, and city officials enlisted its understaffed police force to provide security for thousands of visitors and three presidential candidate headliners — Trump included.

But in the days leading up to the event, Greensboro began asking, is it all worth it?

After all, the convention would end up costing the city about $45,000 for 1,150 police officer work hours.

“Do we get reimbursed any of our additional expenses for security from the GOP?” Tammi Thurm, a councilwoman for the City of Greensboro, wrote to the city’s police chief and assistant city manager on June 7.

Raw Story obtained the email through a City of Greensboro public records request.

Thurm later followed up: “In a time where we are so short handed, and OT budgets are limited, we need to figure out if the [Convention and Visitors Bureau] should still be recruiting these events to Greensboro, or if they cost us too much.”

Greensboro’s concerns come a time when cash-strapped municipalities across the country find themselves paying tens of thousands — even hundreds of thousands — of dollars to provide public safety coverage for Trump campaign visits.

But Trump’s campaign has almost universally refused to help defray the unexpected public safety costs stemming from his rallies at a time when he’s facing 78 felonies across three criminal cases.

Trump’s campaign has to date racked up millions in public safety bills from his MAGA rallies that his campaign neglected to pay, with his campaign arguing that its under no obligation to pay them.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

After all, the convention would end up costing the city about $45,000 for 1,150 police officer work hours.

$40 an hour aint bad. That's probably a lil more than they make working off duty security. 

Greensboro has a shortage of cops. My favorite resent one was the former chief of police. Dude was like "99% of daytime alarms are false so we're not going to respond to thise anymore." OK fine maybe keep that policy info in house and don't promote it in the local paper here chief. 🤣

Needless to say his reign didn't last long. Now we got some traditional law n order type with a generic name what runs the department. Meh.

Matt Gaetz outlines wild scheme for Congress to give Trump 'immunity' from prosecution

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) detailed a scheme he said would "immunize" Donald Trump ahead of his prosecution for allegedly conspiring to impede the 2020 presidential election.

On Tuesday, Gaetz told right-wing host Charlie Kirk that Congress could give Trump a form of whistleblower protection, purportedly neutering special counsel Jack Smith's prosecution. But Gaetz admitted that his plan was not conventional.

"Simultaneous to that, you can actually bring President Trump in to give testimony to the Congress and, in doing so, immunize him," Gaetz explained. "Now, there's different forms of immunity that take place at the committee level, subcommittee level. In some instances, for full immunity, you have to have more of a supermajority vote."

Click on the link for more of the nonsense

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2023 at 12:11 PM, Ball Security said:

I just finished a book called American Midnight. It was about the lead up to WWI and a few years after its conclusion. Many Americans were thrown in prison for stating that they didn’t support America’s involvement in Europe. 

These guys speak about killing the President and it’s considered folksy.

On 7/31/2023 at 12:20 PM, China said:

When I was growing up I was led to believe that those kinds of threats would get you a knock on the door from the Secret Service.  I guess not.

This is the kind of knock on the door I was speaking about:

Man killed during FBI raid in connection with threats against Biden, other officials

A Utah man was shot and killed during an FBI raid early Wednesday morning, the FBI confirmed to ABC News. The raid was in connection with an investigation into alleged threats against President Joe Biden and others, according to two officials briefed on the case.

One of the officials told ABC News that the investigation began in April and the U.S. Secret Service was notified by the FBI in June. In addition to threatening posts, the official said, the man under investigation suggested online he was making plans to take physical action. The threats had been deemed "credible," the official said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, China said:

Matt Gaetz outlines wild scheme for Congress to give Trump 'immunity' from prosecution

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) detailed a scheme he said would "immunize" Donald Trump ahead of his prosecution for allegedly conspiring to impede the 2020 presidential election.

On Tuesday, Gaetz told right-wing host Charlie Kirk that Congress could give Trump a form of whistleblower protection, purportedly neutering special counsel Jack Smith's prosecution. But Gaetz admitted that his plan was not conventional.

"Simultaneous to that, you can actually bring President Trump in to give testimony to the Congress and, in doing so, immunize him," Gaetz explained. "Now, there's different forms of immunity that take place at the committee level, subcommittee level. In some instances, for full immunity, you have to have more of a supermajority vote."

Click on the link for more of the nonsense

IMG_0497.jpeg

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, China said:

This is the kind of knock on the door I was speaking about:

Man killed during FBI raid in connection with threats against Biden, other officials

A Utah man was shot and killed during an FBI raid early Wednesday morning, the FBI confirmed to ABC News. The raid was in connection with an investigation into alleged threats against President Joe Biden and others, according to two officials briefed on the case.

One of the officials told ABC News that the investigation began in April and the U.S. Secret Service was notified by the FBI in June. In addition to threatening posts, the official said, the man under investigation suggested online he was making plans to take physical action. The threats had been deemed "credible," the official said.

F3HltCfX0AYY8gF?format=jpg&name=900x900

F3HltB1XcAA6gzR?format=jpg&name=small

Can't believe they'd kill such a chill dude

24 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

This **** always cracks me up. Homophobic people who are terrified that every gay/bi/pan guy wants to get in their pants. News flash bro...from what I've heard and been told, most gay guys are even picker than women, and I seriously doubt you're exactly having to beat hordes of hot girls off with a stick on a daily basis. You're in no danger there, dude.

• Haha 1