Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You have got to be ****ting me..did anyone see Espn highlights for the game?

BayouBrave86

I caught the lowlights on ESPN. Though they did only give the game about 45 seconds of coverage, they did in fact show one of the Skins scores, but it was BS for the most part..........I mean Bruce Smith..................wait a minute...........never mind:doh:

You know, He did break the ALL TIME sack record. That doesn't happen every day, the game stop when Emmit got his record. All you haters better suck it up, because Bruce is the Best ever, and you have no reson to complain, considering he has posted 27 sacks in 53 starts as a redskin, which isn't bad at all. It's not like Bruse is hold back "the Monster" Regan Upshaw, from comin in and making a play, like a personal foul penalty.

I think Bruce deserves to be a little selfish if that's how fan's see it, the man played in the league damn near 20yrs so I'd say that he deserves it...hell what else does he have a chance to get? it sure isn't a Superbowl. I'm pretty sure if that were you or I out there playing after 19 yrs we would act the same way knowing that this was his last chance at the record. ;)

Why have an "I" player? That's on him, but if it's all about the record and not winning then goodbye. Let some other team be generous enough to let him hang around too long. It's like Emmitt. A young up and comer like Marcell Shipp had to take a seat because Emmitt wanted to put the record out of reach and Bidwell obliged (to fill the stadium). I'm sure we could have found a quality DE on the market if we didn't have a FO so in love with him.

Give the guy a break. He hardly "threw a fit" when he didn't get the sack, he just knew he had just missed it and the emotion his gesture conveyed to me was more of a "d@mn! just missed it!" than a "d@mn my teammates for picking up the sack I deserved!"

There has to be a better way to discredit his character than inventing some nonexistent tirade. Give the guy SOME credit. Sheesh! :doh:

Man, I sit by and read all this crap about Bruce Smith week in and week out..

This guy last year was a very productive pass rusher and this year he is still probably our best one minus Lavar.

Not to mention he just accomplished a huge piece of NFL history wearing the redskins uniform.

I'm just sick and tired of people bashing him.. His faults are known, now give him his due, for hes been busting his a$$ out there for us.

Personal motive or not, the one thing that was certain in every game he has played for us was the fact that he wanted to get at the QB. His desire for those sacks can not be argued and this on a team that clearly lacks desire in some star players.

He'll be gone next year and many of you will be thrilled i'm sure to see that. I'd actually like to see him become a coach.. The only reason I'm glad hes leaving us next year is to free up more money. That is all.

Anyway, I for one congratulate Bruce and his accomplishment especially when he is wearing the Burgandy and gold. Hell of a career.

"Sounds like we should bring Deon out of retirement and sign Keyshawn then if personal gain is OK."

Whatever man, I actually agree with you about Bruce being "me" oriented, but coming down on him for "throwing a fit" after not getting the earlier sack is just silly. That being said, I'm sure he won't be bothering Spurrier for playing time anymore. We'll go our separate ways and it'll be best for everyone.

Whatever man, I actually agree with you about Bruce being "me" oriented, but coming down on him for "throwing a fit" after not getting the earlier sack is just silly.

He threw a fit for missing the sack, and didn't congratulate the teammate who did get the sack. That, to me, is selfish.

Anyway, that's enough about Brucey. He can ride off into the sunset back to Buffalo and retire.

Originally posted by ljer

He threw a fit for missing the sack, and didn't congratulate the teammate who did get the sack. That, to me, is selfish.

Anyway, that's enough about Brucey. He can ride off into the sunset back to Buffalo and retire.

That's how I feel. If he had any desire to win and see his teammates succeed he would've been congratulating his teammates.

Archived