Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comey Interview Live Game Thread

AsburySkinsFan

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I agree with him on the issue of whether or not to send the letter regarding Clinton’s emails. FBI Director CANNOT make investigative decisions based on political fallout, down that road is death.

But he had no idea what was in the emails.

That was the folly. He could have done the same thing with Trump, but didn't.

So far silence from POTUS.

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

But he had no idea what was in the emails.

That was the folly. He could have done the same thing with Trump, but didn't.

Nope, if he’s looking in the emails that is opening the investigation.

The purpose of the dinner was to extract loyalty. 

Comey is coming across really well. I understand the weight in his shoulders for both the email decison and the trump investigation decision. I get where he is coming from. 

The best thing I’ve taken from this so far is earlier when he said something to the effect of: “If you are investigating someone for over a year and you don’t have any idea where it’s likely headed, you’re terrible at investigating” 

That was reassuring regarding Mueller and whether or might end up a dead-end

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

There are two things he can’t let happen in this interview: 1) come across as a liar and 2) come across as a partisan hack 

he hasn’t for either so far 

Agreed, this is pretty much what I expected from him. 

Cool professionalism and honest responses.

The pretense is melting away.

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

This President does not reflect the values of this country.

Actually, he does reflect the values of the 46% that voted for him.  He is the embodiment of those people's values.

It's just took him being elected for everyone to realize just how many people are really like that.

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Actually, he does reflect the values of the 46% that voted for him.  He is the embodiment of those people's values.

It's just took him being elected for everyone to realize just how many people are really like that.

Maybe a better quote would be, that Trump does not reflect the values that our nation was built upon and has found success following. 

50 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

That's not true, and you see that with the blow back he's getting on his feelings and actions towards free trade agreements.  A lot of people tolerated him for same reason Paul Ryan did, he's more likely to pass bills that come out of GOP congress then Hillary would.  Trump is the embodiment of his base, which GOP has accepted they can't win elections by turning their back on, same problem they have with the Tea Party (or whatever the hell it calls itself now).

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/transcript-james-comeys-interview-with-george-stephanopoulos/732806650

FULL TRANSCRIPT: James Comey's exclusive interview with ABC News

ABC News’ chief anchor George Stephanopoulos’ exclusively interviewed fired FBI director James Comey for a special edition of “20/20” that aired Sunday night on Channel 2, ahead of the release of Comey's book, "A Higher Loyalty."

The following is the transcript of the interview:

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Thank you for doing this.

JAMES COMEY: Oh, it's my pleasure. Thanks for coming.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Simple start. Why did you write this book?

JAMES COMEY: I r-- I was never going to write a book. But I decided I had to write this one to try and be useful. That was my goal after I was fired, to be useful. And it occurred to me maybe I can be useful by offering a view to people, especially to young people, of what leadership should look like and how it should be centered on values. And so--

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: You lay out qualities of an ethical leader. What are they?

JAMES COMEY: First and foremost, it's someone who realizes that lasting values have to be at the center of their leadership. Whether they're in government or in the private sector or leading a university, they have to focus on things like fairness and integrity and, most of all, the truth. That the truth matters.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: And you have-- there's almost a sense of-- of alarm underneath the whole book. You say it's a dangerous time in our country?

JAMES COMEY: I think it is. And-- I chose those words carefully. I was worried when I chose the word, "Dangerous" first. I thought, "Is that an overstatement?" And I don't think it is because--

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Why not?

JAMES COMEY: I worry that the norms at the center of this country-- we can fight as Americans about guns or taxes or immigration, and we always have. But what we have in common is a set of norms. Most importantly, the truth. "We hold these truths to be self-evident," right? Truth is the fourth word of that sentence. That's what we are. And if we lose that, if we lose tethering of our leaders to that truth, what are we? And so I started to worry. Actually, the foundation of this country is in jeopardy when we stop measuring our leaders against that central value of the truth.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Are we losing it?

JAMES COMEY: I think we are in part. But I think the strength of this country is that we're going to outlast it. That there will be damage to that norm. But I liken President Trump in the book to a forest fire. Going to do tremendous damage. Going to damage those important norms. But a forest fire gives healthy things a chance to grow that had no chance before that fire.

*click link for more* 

Didn't learn much except that Trump is an enormous scumbag and way beyond the norm of any Republican or Democratic president.

He is a cancer, the absolute worst of our country and he's been put in this position of power because conservatives hate liberals more than they value decency. He is a reflection of a politics of resentment. Except he's a monumental turd of a human being who is going to leave our institutions in tatters to cover for his own corruption.

Archived