Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TimesUnion: NXIVM co-founder Keith Raniere charged in federal complaint

visionary

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/NXIVM-co-founder-Keith-Raniere-charged-in-federal-12782354.php?cmpid=twittersocialflow&__twitter_impression=true

NXIVM co-founder Keith Raniere charged in federal complaint

Keith Raniere, the co-founder of the NXIVM corporation, a secretive Colonie-based organization that an expert has called an "extreme cult," has been arrested by the FBI based on a federal criminal complaint filed in the Eastern District of New York, according to a person briefed on the arrest.

The complaint was filed recently in connection with an ongoing federal criminal investigation being headed by the U.S. attorney's office for the Eastern District of New York in Brooklyn.

Raniere had recently been seen in Mexico, according to published reports, and is expected to appear on the charges at a federal courthouse in Texas on Tuesday, according to a person briefed on the investigation.

The Times Union reported in December that the Justice Department's broad probe is examining NXIVM's business dealings, including its practice of recruiting members from abroad. A federal grand jury empaneled in Brooklyn has been reviewing evidence in the case, according to people who testified before that panel.

Among those who provided testimony are women who claimed they were lured into a secret club that required them to consent to being branded with a design that included the initials of Raniere and a NXIVM associate, Allison Mack.

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

What the hell is NXIVM?

Never heard of this douchebag.

:806:  I thought the same thing.

"a secretive Colonie-based organization that an expert has called an "extreme cult,"" is the least helpful description of anything, ever.  

41 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

:806:  I thought the same thing.

"a secretive Colonie-based organization that an expert has called an "extreme cult,"" is the least helpful description of anything, ever.  

The writer seems to be working on the assumption that we know something about any of this.  In my case that assumption is entirely wrong. 

34 minutes ago, zoony said:

Next youll tell me some other dude from some other thingy I know nothing about is getting arrested!  Worlds crumbling around us!!

You didn't hear about the leader of the clandestine techno-gang who got caught last week for that thing he did?

Archived