Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

17 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Have you listened to their pod from today? Some interesting questions. 

I think the one I like the most is: Is Viserion a wight or a white walker? Apparently in the script for the season 7 finale it’s described as a white walker similar to Crasyer’s baby sons. The NK touches its face and brings it to life which he didn’t have to do with the wights at hardhome. 

Why is this important. 

Reveal hidden contents

White walkers are sentient. Wights are not. Could Bran warg Viserion if he’s sentient? 

Yes, I did.  And yes, that's very interesting.

So one of the reasons I really scowl at season 7 is because up until season 7, I would have thought 100% that meant SOMETHING.  Not sure if it meant wight vs. white walker, or anything else, but I would have been 100% sure there was significance to it.

However, they played so fast and loose with the writing (where did the army get huge chains in the moments leading up to that moment) that I don't know if the touch vs. not touch was intentional, or just good theater.  

It seems as though in season 7 they just lost all attention to detail, so it's tough to tell what details are real and which are just there for the sake of being there.

Mal and Jason are phenomenal, though. I can't wait for their insight after the episodes. You changed my life with that podcast introduction. ;)

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

However, they played so fast and loose with the writing (where did the army get huge chains in the moments leading up to that moment) that I don't know if the touch vs. not touch was intentional, or just good theater. 

Yeah this is true and really bums me out. I’m hoping they just rushed through it to get all the pieces where they needed to

be to finish. It’s still hard to justify why they couldn’t have taken a full season to flesh some things out better. Oh well. 

Thinking about that, hopefully, it means season 8 is a return to form. They don’t have 6-7 different locations and plot threads to juggle now. Everybody is in 1 of 2 locations: Winterfell and Kings Landing. That should clear the court for them to focus on the right story and dialogue needed to close this thing out right, amidst several final battles. 

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Mal and Jason are phenomenal, though. I can't wait for their insight after the episodes. You changed my life with that podcast introduction. ;)

They are. Feels like part of the family once you’ve been thru all the pods and know the inside jokes they’re and impressions they’re referencing. 

Binge mode and bald move are doing podt show pods and then in depth pods thru the week. 

Im actually not sure if I’m going to participate in them or any online discussions once this starts. There is a lot of negatively online around this show and I don’t want to be a part of that or theories and predictions once it gets rolling. Im still deciding how I want to be part of this moment lol

I think they really might get back into more detail about the Night King and what he’s after 

I didn’t think they would but it’s going to happen. I think putting that sign on the wall was an intentional choice by the writers. No reason to bring back up that mystery this late if it will go unresolved 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man