Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

Let’s talk about how Soto is our best hitter right now and Eaton is getting CF reps during his rehab assignment. 

I dont think there’s room for both MAT and Goodwin on the team once Eaton is back, assuming they keep Soto up (which you almost have to at this point). 

Goodwin imo is a nice utility player. Prototype fourth OF. Taylor is still on a cheap contract for a few years, is excellent defensively, and while he had a rough start to 2018 he has had success as a hitter recently. 

Result: MAT for Ramos, no prospects, as soon as next week. TB would save like $6m on Ramos’s salary.  Would also allow TB to dump Carlos Gomez’s remaining $2.5m this year. This makes a ton of sense and needs to happen ASAP. 

14 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Scherzer a better hitter than half the lineup. That's pathetic.

have to find something to whine about? Come on.

Max is a baseball player. When he comes up in a game like this. There was no scouting from the Braves this series. They weren't expecting to see him. Plus, he can hit. Add in how deep we were in their pen also. He just is clutch. Let's celebrate that without tearing down other players. 

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Difo has done an amazing job on the bottom of the lineup.  We really need support from Zimmerman, Eaton and MAT

I feel like Zimm is finished at this point. Eaton if healthy will be solid but right now he's the Jordan Reed of the Nats. Taylor is what he is: speedy good defensive OF who is streaky on offense, basically the CF version of Danny Espinosa except maybe a little bit better offensively.

Seems that Zimm will never be healthy enough to play a lot. If/when he comes back. I would have him play off the bench for a few weeks. Also bat near bottom of the order. Low pressure. Eaton is like big(little)foot. We've seen a few grainy videos. But I'm wondering if he's a myth. 

Roll with who we have. That simple. 

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Did Hellickson's injury look serious?

He grabbed at his upper hamstring but walked off after trying to stretch it out. So not like rolling on the ground in pain, completely torn hamstring. But those injuries can still be a pain in the ass (pun intended) to deal with. My completely uneducated guess is that he misses 2-4 weeks. 

5 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

He grabbed at his upper hamstring but walked off after trying to stretch it out. So not like rolling on the ground in pain, completely torn hamstring. But those injuries can still be a pain in the ass (pun intended) to deal with. My completely uneducated guess is that he misses 2-4 weeks. 

Ok at least its not elbow/shoulder. The good thing is we have two off days this week and Scherzer going Tuesday so the pen should restabilize.

Archived