Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: BENGALS' ADAM JONES SUSPENDED WITHOUT PAY FOR ONE GAME FOR VIOLATING NFL'S PERSONAL CONDUCT POLICY

TK

NFL Logo

Jul 21, 2017
Bengals' Adam Jones Suspended Without Pay For One Game For Violating NFL's Personal Conduct Policy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

7/21/17

The NFL today notified Adam Jones of the Cincinnati Bengals that he will be suspended without pay for the first 2017 regular season game for violating the league's Personal Conduct Policy.

In May, Jones entered a plea of guilty to obstruction of official business stemming from a January 2017 incident. The state court imposed a sentence of time served (two days' confinement) and court fees.

The NFL explained in a letter to Jones that it considered the "extensive video documentation of the tone, tenor and nature of your interactions with law enforcement at the site of your arrest, during transportation to the jail, and during the booking process. As you acknowledged, your post-arrest words and actions reflected poorly on you and your family, the Cincinnati Bengals football club, and the NFL. While it is our understanding that appropriate apologies have been publicly extended, they do not completely negate your behavior and admission of culpability for the underlying conduct."

Jones will be eligible to return to the team's active roster on Monday, September 11 following the Bengals' September 10 game against the Baltimore Ravens. Jones is eligible to participate in all preseason practices and games.

Jones may appeal this decision within three days.

On 7/21/2017 at 0:54 PM, TK said:
 NFL Logo

Jul 21, 2017
Bengals' Adam Jones Suspended Without Pay For One Game For Violating NFL's Personal Conduct Policy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

7/21/17

I

"The NFL explained in a letter to Jones that it considered the "extensive video documentation of the tone, tenor and nature of your interactions with law enforcement at the site of your arrest, during transportation to the jail, and during the booking process. As you acknowledged, your post-arrest words and actions reflected poorly on you and your family, the Cincinnati Bengals football club, and the NFL. While it is our understanding that appropriate apologies have been publicly extended, they do not completely negate your behavior and admission of culpability for the underlying conduct."

Not to condone Jone's actions but at least he apologized. What hypocrisy. Last year, the NFL's actions "reflected poorly" and showed classless disrespect to 5 ambushed Dallas police officers by not allowing the Cowboys to pay tribute to them.     

11 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Can't believe that guy's still on a roster

If you can play, you can play. And afaik he's really cleaned up his act since going to Cincy. Call me crazy but i root for guys like this. I want people to fix their lives and to be successful. And i hope this incident was just a single relapse into bad decision making and he's made changes to protect against such a thing in the future. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/26/2017 at 0:03 PM, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

If you can play, you can play. And afaik he's really cleaned up his act since going to Cincy. Call me crazy but i root for guys like this. I want people to fix their lives and to be successful. And i hope this incident was just a single relapse into bad decision making and he's made changes to protect against such a thing in the future. 

I think Chris Carter is an asshole, but he is also the perfect example of a player that turned things around.  Good for him.

Archived