Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

21 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Cowards.

I wonder if this could be a way to bring more 3rd party candidates into the mainstream political sphere while simultaneously marginalizing the Republicans by just refusing to televise or stream whatever bull**** they want to do instead of debates and then have a Dem and a couple of 3rd party people in the actual debate. 

11 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Republicans interpret questions as inherently hostile.

Yeah nowadays everything is a "gotcha" question to them.

"Why did you speak at a rally organized by literal Nazis?"

"THAT'S A GOTCHA QUESTION! HOW DARE YOU! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF FOR ASKING THAT!"

Edited by mistertim
  • Thumb up 2

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I wonder if this could be a way to bring more 3rd party candidates into the mainstream political sphere while simultaneously marginalizing the Republicans by just refusing to televise or stream whatever bull**** they want to do instead of debates and then have a Dem and a couple of 3rd party people in the actual debate. 

Yeah nowadays everything is a "gotcha" question to them.

"Why did you speak at a rally organized by literal Nazis?"

"THAT'S A GOTCHA QUESTION! HOW DARE YOU! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF FOR ASKING THAT!"

If it’s media, it must be liberal mainstream media with an agenda.

51 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

People jumping head first into that Sewer in PA

That's the idea.  

Don't like it but had lunch today with a right leaning buddy and he echoed this sentiment.  Problem was when I asked him if it was Biden's fault that Europe was experiencing even worse inflation.  Conversation quickly turned to a referendum on Truman and stopping bucks.

It's undeniably a bad turn for Biden and us dems in general that the unavoidable consequences of a pandemic came on our watch.

Edited by The 12th Commandment

22 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

That's the idea.  

Don't like it but had lunch today with a right leaning buddy and he echoed this sentiment.  Problem was when I asked him if it was Biden's fault that Europe was experiencing even worse inflation.  Conversation quickly turned to a referendum on Truman and stopping bucks.

It's undeniably a bad turn for Biden and us dems in general that the unavoidable consequences of a pandemic came on our watch.

Issues 2-5 don't bode well for Democrats either. Especially immigration. I'd assume voter sentiment is that the Biden admin is at fault for that as well.

3 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Issues 2-5 don't bode well for Democrats either. Especially immigration. I'd assume voter sentiment is that the Biden admin is at fault for that as well.

Yeah, not like this labor shortage (with historical low unemployment) could be helped with allowing more immigration to the US. I forget, please remind me what the GQP plan is to fix the labor shortage?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Im sure Republicans felt the same way about Covid and it’s impact on the economy and the election.

People were amped for awhile about American withdrawal from Afghanistan… but I guess there’s been no residual effect.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Where in my post did I mention anything about caravans?

what do you actually stand for? I don’t mean talking points, I mean actual policy. 

Examples: Should everyone have health insurance? Or should people go into massive debt if they get sick?

There are a variety of topics beyond owning libs and the election. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

5 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Yeah, not like this labor shortage (with historical low unemployment) could be helped with allowing more immigration to the US. I forget, please remind me what the GQP plan is to fix the labor shortage?

What Im pointing out is approval numbers and data of voter registration leaning right lately. In major swing states. Florida is even worse for Democrats than the PA numbers.

Getting mad about how the people view whos at fault for certain issues doesn't change the way they feel. If it bothers the Democrats so badly, the solution is simple. Do things to change voter sentiment. 

Simply stating, well yeah, what are the Republicans gonna do to fix it?! Isn't going to win anybody over.

And saying "yeah, well the average American is stupid" isn't a great strategy either.

Edited by Forever A Redskin

3 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Caravans? 🤣

We don’t get caravans coming into Canada 😂 but I have to say, it is alarming to me how many Canadians have such strong negative sentiment towards immigrants. Everyone here seems to think the government is letting them in in droves and handing out free property/homes, a Tesla and a $50k cushion in their bank account.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Forever A Redskin said:

What Im pointing out is approval numbers and data of voter registration leaning right lately. In major swing states. Florida is even worse for Democrats than the PA numbers.

Getting mad about how the people view whos at fault for certain issues doesn't change the way they feel. If it bothers the Democrats so badly, the solution is simple. Do things to change voter sentiment. 

Simply stating, well yeah, what are the Republicans gonna do to fix it?! Isn't going to win anybody over.

So, to paraphrase: We, the GQP, have no plan. But trust us, it's better than this. 

3 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Where in my post did I mention anything about caravans? I am now backing up my posts and thoughts with concrete data...not sure why I'm still being mocked.

A CNBC poll is your concrete data?

You said you assumed Biden would take the Blame for immigration. What policies of his administration have exacerbated US immigration these past two years? 

Just now, Die Hard said:

Wasn’t that effectively Trump’s platform for healthcare during his campaign and presidency?

Yeah, pretty much. I mean it's been the GQP platform since year 1 of Obama. Probably before that but I've lost the will to track it. Seriously, WTF is the GQP platform in the 21st century?

No immigration, no healthcare for all, liberals suck, corporations are people, tax cuts for the rich...probably missing some points. Oh, CRT is bad, grooming kids to be LGBTQ+...

Action verbs are always missing. 

• Thanks 1