Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Training Camp in Richmond VA

MarkB452

Ran across the schedule on the team's website...don't remember hearing about this before, but here is the full (tentative) schedule:

http://www.redskins.com/schedule/training-camp/schedule.html

First day of camp is July 27  - bummed as the H'burg Senators finish up their series with the Richmond Flying Squirrels the day before.

Aug 5 - Fan Appreciation Day

Aug 13 - Last day

No word on whether or not there will be any practices with the Baltimore Ravens....

4 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

I can't wait until the deal with Richmond expires. Went there once. It was okay, but I really enjoy visiting the Northern VA area.

I definitely miss the team in Ashburn for TC. It was nice to be able to jump in the car and drive 30 minutes to watch the team practice. But in the end money talks.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:47 AM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The joint practices don't necessarily have to be with the ravens. The years that we had joint practices, we played the ravens in pre-season but still chose other teams. 

I say that only because the Ravens are the only team we play in preseason prior to camp ending in Richmond.....and that game is in Baltimore.

2 hours ago, MarkB452 said:

I say that only because the Ravens are the only team we play in preseason prior to camp ending in Richmond.....and that game is in Baltimore.

Yes I do agree it would make sense, I did understand why you mentioned the Ravens. Our joint practices could be with them, but like I said, it doesn't have to be. 

I wonder when any announcement of a joint practice would come out. Sometime in the next two weeks maybe? The team only has 1 more week of OTAs and then mandatory minicamp before the 5 week break. 

On 5/26/2017 at 9:20 PM, clskinsfan said:

I definitely miss the team in Ashburn for TC. It was nice to be able to jump in the car and drive 30 minutes to watch the team practice. But in the end money talks.

I finally have FINALLY come home to VA.  Any site in VA, or even surrounding states will be awesome, after my last 20 years in Texas.  Hell, maybe I can even go to my first Redskins game at HOME!  I've seen them about 6 times at the old/new Cowboys stadium(s), but never on home turf.  Yep, rather excited, to say the least. HTTR....Oh, and not to ignore the topic, I WILL be in Richmond, absolutely. 

There were rumors of the team moving back to Carlisle for training camp. I am curious what the experience was like back then? I am sure the modern "fan experience" doesn't even compare but I think it would have been more enjoyable to attend due to less crowds, more player/coach interaction, watching SuperBowl Championships teams getting prepared for the season. Man I miss JKC...

Sorry for the rant...just feeling a bit nostalgic today.

I can not see Carlisle happening again....Danny is all about the money.  Richmond has paid dearly and continues to pay for the opportunity to host training camp. 

http://www.richmond.com/redskins-xtra/richmond-mayor-levar-stoney-will-welcome-redskins-for-training-camp/article_33a50e93-e68d-59e7-a78d-eb31c1f33759.html

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2016/03/31/Facilities/Redskins.aspx

Archived