Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who has had a better film career? Stallone or Schwarzenegger?

Ron78

Who has had a better film career?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who has had a better film career?

• Sylvester Stallone
    • Arnold Schwarzenegger

The Op is skewed and favors Stallone because Kindergarten Cop and Jingle All the Way are not listed. 

Its true Rocky 1 is far better than any movie on the list and Stallone wrote it as well and won an Oscar for it... 

hmm 

I like more Arnold movies. Stallone has rocky series and some others that are ok but noting special. 

Arnold 

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Actor - who cares. They are both good at what they do.

Have to give credit to Stallone for writing though.

He wrote Rocky in 3 days. He wrote most of the Rocky and Rambo movies. Also he's written the Expendables movies, Cobra, Driven...he's actually a solid movie writer. 

the fact that Stalone wrote Cobra is enough to negate all other factors, and make him the loser.

I would consider arguments that he should go to jail for writing (and staring in) Cobra.

I like both but it's Stallone for me.  Arnold got most of his work because he was a physical freak, which was great for the Terminator.  I feel like Predator would've been awesome no matter who was in it.  In short, I feel like Arnold was more replaceable than Sly.  

NSFW.  Stallone had chops that most people never gave him credit for.  He also wrote Rocky, which is an incredible achievement as well. 

2 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

the fact that Stalone wrote Cobra is enough to negate all other factors, and make him the loser.

I would consider arguments that he should go to jail for writing (and staring in) Cobra.

If he goes to jail for Cobra, then what do we do to Arnold for Raw Deal?  Light him on fire?  

It's Arnold, and I don't think it is that close.  Mainly because even bad Arnold movies are great because of his demeanor.  Yeah Raw Deal is terrible, but at one point in the movie he tells his drunk wife, "You shouldn't drink and bake."  That's hilarious!  

Arnold's comedic value is FAR beyond Stallone's.  Twins and Kindergarten Cop are both fantastic movies.  

Let's be honest, Arnold's first movie was a documentary about HIM.  Before he was even a movie star he was so impressive people were making documentaries about his life.

Commando has so many memorable lines.

There are plenty of other movies not mentioned yet that are damn entertaining.... and better, every one of his movies has an extremely memorable scene.  In Pumping Iron he talks about the "Pump", in End of Days he calls the devil a ****ing choir boy, and in the 6th Day he tells someone to clone themselves so they can go **** themselves **NSFW Videos**  Stallone doesn't have those type of memorable quotes in his 'good' movies.

Pumping Iron 

End of Days

6th Day

And let's remember when the two actually used each other in their movies.  In Last Action Hero Stallone was the Terminator instead of Arnold.  Who was Arnold in Demolition Man: the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.  The best fantasy for Stallone is to be Arnold, but Arnold gets to run the whole world.  Also, Arnold banged Stallone's wife on the set of Red Sonja, and then introduced her to Stallone. LINK 

Arnold wins.

Archived