Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jimmy Garappallo trade rumors?

carex

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I really doubt that 

So would i, but its not like its incomprehensible. They have jettisoned many great players over the years... Players that meant a lot to the franchise.

This isn't Brett Favre, constantly holding the Packers hostage. Brady is beloved, but the hierarchy is pretty clear in that organization.

No one sees stuff like this coming until it happens. Im sure none of us saw Dak Prescott leading the Cowboys to a division title and sending Tony Romo into retirement, either, or Peyton Manning being let go for Andrew Luck.

The Pats always prefer to let a guy go earlier rather than later, when there is little value... And with a guy like Brady, the clock is ticking. Now maybe they buck that trend and ride off into the sunset with him, but that will mean that they trade Jimmy G at some point, right? But they don't seem to want to do that either. I certainly don't see them letting him go for nothing and letting him walk. That's generally not the way the Pats do business.

Think on it. A lot can change in one season

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

So would i, but its not like its incomprehensible. They have jettisoned many great players over the years... Players that meant a lot to the franchise.

This isn't Brett Favre, constantly holding the Packers hostage. Brady is beloved, but the hierarchy is pretty clear in that organization.

No one sees stuff like this coming until it happens. Im sure none of us saw Dak Prescott leading the Cowboys to a division title and sending Tony Romo into retirement, either, or Peyton Manning being let go for Andrew Luck.

The Pats always prefer to let a guy go earlier rather than later, when there is little value... And with a guy like Brady, the clock is ticking. Now maybe they buck that trend and ride off into the sunset with him, but that will mean that they trade Jimmy G at some point, right? But they don't seem to want to do that either. I certainly don't see them letting him go for nothing and letting him walk. That's generally not the way the Pats do business.

Think on it. A lot can change in one season

Yeah, but there are exceptions to every rule.  I think Brady is the exception to the rule.  Under most circumstances, they would like to let a player go a year early than a year late.  Except for Brady. I think they'd like to let him go a year, maybe 2 or 3 late. 

He's the most popular person in the entire north east, and he's still damn good.  He's buddies with the owner and the coach, and as much of a coach of that team as any actual coach.

If he hits a wall and stinks for some reason, I think that they will offer him the chance to leave, but if he doesn't want to, I think they let him play it out.

Think Dan Marino.  Guy was DONE - DONE, but they let him hang around because he was Dan Freaking Marino.  And Dan didn't even win anything.  Brady has a ring for each finger.  

He goes when he says he's ready to go.  Not before. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Now maybe they buck that trend and ride off into the sunset with him, but that will mean that they trade Jimmy G at some point, right? But they don't seem to want to do that either.

I think they do. Jacoby Brissett is the heir apparent in NE. All my Pats fan work friends are waiting for the other shoe to drop on Jimmy G. It might not be this year, but he's in the Cassel zone.

There was an article last year at some point, forget who wrote it, but Brady's dad and Brady have had conversations they know it most likely won't end well in New England. I could see a title next year and then a voluntary retirement. Despite him saying he'll play 5 or 6 more years, he knows it isn't gonna happen. 

5 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

There was an article last year at some point, forget who wrote it, but Brady's dad and Brady have had conversations they know it most likely won't end well in New England. I could see a title next year and then a voluntary retirement. Despite him saying he'll play 5 or 6 more years, he knows it isn't gonna happen. 

It's going to end fine in NE for Brady.  When he has his first truly down year, Bill will come to him and say, "Tom.  Go spend more time doinking the most beautiful woman on the planet, we got it from here." Brady might go for it.  He might resist, and if he does, they'll let him play it out another year. He's earned the right to do that, and I think that the entire organization knows that.  Most teams don't owe their players much.  NE owes Brady every opportunity to play that he wants.  He brought them 5 Lombardi's and 7 SB appearances (so far.)  So he has earned the right to do what he wants.  

If he still stinks, he'll leave on his own.  He's smart enough to know when he can't do it anymore.  

The only possibly scenario where he goes somewhere else is if he starts to get in jurred and miss a lot of games, and his backup plays at a pro-bowl level, and they have to turn the team over to him.  Think Joe Montana/Steve Young.  Montana could still play, but he was hurt a bunch.  So away he went to KC, and played damn well for a short period.  Young had a HOF career with the 49ers.  But Young had played much of the previous year or two before Montana left due to injury.  If that plays out, I could see Brady being moved.  But the likelihood of that happening is low.  Only 2 great QBs in the last 30 years have been followed by great QBs: Joe Montana - Steve Young, Brett Favre - Aaron Rodgers.  That's it.  That's the list.  

• 3 months later...
On 5/5/2017 at 3:39 PM, MassSkinsFan said:

I think they do. Jacoby Brissett is the heir apparent in NE. All my Pats fan work friends are waiting for the other shoe to drop on Jimmy G. It might not be this year, but he's in the Cassel zone.

UPDATE: 

Jimmy G is the last man standing after the Pats unloaded Brissett. I was wrong. My friends were wrong. Huh.

Archived