Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Show Yourselves II

Tarhog

Hey everyone, I realize I'm a little late getting onto this thread, and I haven't been posting for very long, but I wanted to introduce myself, and say that I love this site. I'm very happy to be part of the Skins community. Sorry about the pic, I don't have that many right now, this was for work. I look forward to becoming a regular contributor.

Go Skins!

Originally posted by poidog22

Stellar FBChick! A friend of mine plays football for a team down in the Roanoke/Salem area, (although I think her team is going through some ownership problems now and I don't think that they're fielding a team this year)...I've been to a couple of games, those chicks are pretty tough! My hat's off to you!

:respect:

As someone living in Roanoke, I'll go record with "There's another football team here besides the Hokies?"

We used to have an area team a few years ago, but they only lasted 1 season & moved out. The only to teams that seem to last around here are the Express (hockey) & the Dazzle (basketball) & the Avalanche(Salem's baseball team). I'd LOVE to have an offseason football team around here to go watch.

Originally posted by poidog22

Stellar FBChick! A friend of mine plays football for a team down in the Roanoke/Salem area, (although I think her team is going through some ownership problems now and I don't think that they're fielding a team this year)...I've been to a couple of games, those chicks are pretty tough! My hat's off to you!

:respect:

Thanks! Sorry to hear about your friend's team. I knew the Revenge (yes, it's the Roanoke Revenge) was still listed as a team, but didn't notice they weren't listed anywhere on the schedule. The league manages to have at least one or two teams go debunk each season, for either finacial reason or lack of player participation, and it's always sad to see one go, cause it's a reminder about how close your team is to being next. It's sort of sad, really. I don't really have any grand ideas of the team making enough money to really even pay the players, but it would be nice to think we could find enough support just to keep the team going. But for now, I'm just enjoying the heck out of it for as long as it lasts!

Of course DC has a team as well, called the DC Divas. They actually made it to the second round of the playoffs last year, but then lost to the league champs.

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

As someone living in Roanoke, I'll go record with "There's another football team here besides the Hokies?"

We used to have an area team a few years ago, but they only lasted 1 season & moved out. The only to teams that seem to last around here are the Express (hockey) & the Dazzle (basketball) & the Avalanche(Salem's baseball team). I'd LOVE to have an offseason football team around here to go watch.

LOL! Around here, Football is sort of an after thought, as I live in the heart of Basketball country. Between the UK WildCats and the UL Cards, college hoops reign supreme around here and even manage to make the Superbowl a second hand event. But I still love the flow of going from watch NFL all fall and getting pschyed up, straight into our preseason training.