Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Smoking Room (cigar smoker's thread)

AsburySkinsFan

I just had the new Alec Bradley Magic Toast(Gordo).  A very nice Honduran wrapper smoke with lots of hints of cocoa!  I very much enjoyed this smoke, however in the two that I had, they both seemed to burn unevenly by the tail end of the 2/3.

I also just recently had the Asylum Insidious Maduro smoke.  It may have become one of my new favorite smokes and at a relatively cheap 6-7.50 price point, it well and above exceeded my expectations.  A very sweet aftertaste from the wrapper for the first few minutes and then it settles in with an earthy flavor profile.  People have said that they taste hints of coffee, however I seem to not taste it in this smoke.

39 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

I just had the new Alec Bradley Magic Toast(Gordo).  A very nice Honduran wrapper smoke with lots of hints of cocoa!  I very much enjoyed this smoke, however in the two that I had, they both seemed to burn unevenly by the tail end of the 2/3.

I also just recently had the Asylum Insidious Maduro smoke.  It may have become one of my new favorite smokes and at a relatively cheap 6-7.50 price point, it well and above exceeded my expectations.  A very sweet aftertaste from the wrapper for the first few minutes and then it settles in with an earthy flavor profile.  People have said that they taste hints of coffee, however I seem to not taste it in this smoke.

Good user name for a cigar smoker.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

@AsburySkinsFan congrats on your big closing, good way to celebrate!

I was at Gold Cup this weekend.  The cigar tent had a vintage 1984 Macanudo for 30 bucks.  I'd just bought a Barbour jacket so the budget was a bit low...but damn, I was tempted.

Thank you!

I don’t ever drop $26 on a cigar but that Forbidden 50 gauge was an exclusive and impossible to find online sooooo.

The Padron, well, I needed another one of those and I love the Inch, and at $11 for those well that’s a bargain!

35 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Thank you!

I don’t ever drop $26 on a cigar but that Forbidden 50 gauge was an exclusive and impossible to find online sooooo.

The Padron, well, I needed another one of those and I love the Inch, and at $11 for those well that’s a bargain!

The most I've spent is about 20, once, for a Cohiba.  It was pretty good, but it was awhile ago.  I think I'd appreciate it more now.

4 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

A rare morning smoke. It's so balmy out, that I couldn't resist.

I love Tatuaje. A buddy of mine turned me on to them. If you can find their TAA version, it's a fantastic smoke. The Cojonu 2009 and 2012 are the perfect smokes, IMO.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The most I've spent is about 20, once, for a Cohiba.  It was pretty good, but it was awhile ago.  I think I'd appreciate it more now.

ON our honeymoon, I spent $60 on a Cohiba Beehike. Worth every penny.

42 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I love Tatuaje. A buddy of mine turned me on to them. If you can find their TAA version, it's a fantastic smoke. The Cojonu 2009 and 2012 are the perfect smokes, IMO.

ON our honeymoon, I spent $60 on a Cohiba Beehike. Worth every penny.

I'd love to be able to spend money on sticks like that on the regular but there's a right place and time for spending on something like that.  When I close a big deal like ASF, I know how I'm gonna celebrate.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I had an Alec Bradley Texas Lancero.  When at home I greatly enjoy the larger ring smokes, however I'm not sure if it's because I'm under the weather but it may have been the most boring smoke I've ever had.  There was no flavor to it, it was a smooth smoke and burned very nicely throughout all 3 thirds but I got zero flavor.  Very disappointed as someone that loves the Alec Bradley lineup.

• 1 month later...

Went to the cigar shop near my job today, and picked up four sticks that I haven't had before:

- Asylum 13 Ogre (I've not had many barber pole smokes as it's not really my cup of tea but I was told to try it if I like the standard Asylum line)

-Project 805 Toro

-New World Virrey by AJ Fernandez

-Jamie Garcia Reserva Especial Gold

Hoping to have the Ogre in just a few minutes!   Has anyone had any of these and could shed some light on what to expect?

• 6 months later...

Late night vacation smoke by the pool. 

Diesel's Whiskey Row "Down the Rabbit Hole"

Not a bad smoke, pretty unoffensive but all in all unremarkable smoke. 

Be warned though, the bands are a pain in the ass, and caused some wrapping to split. Not impressed with that.

3320919F-FE4D-4BA8-AC48-E9804A051B54.jpeg

E814E557-C5E4-4A8B-B853-192FFE367381.jpeg

21 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I had a Camacho Corojo.  That's one I really like, nice spice, good draw.  i like that and their Connecticut.

I also had something called a Sweet Jane.  It's not dipped or flavored from what I've read online but it's very sweet on the tongue.  I really liked it.

The Camacho Corojo is the red and black label right? If so I do remember that being spicy, more than I care for, but their bourbon barrel aged is on point. From what I understand Camacho tends toward the spicy side.

31 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

The Camacho Corojo is the red and black label right? If so I do remember that being spicy, more than I care for, but their bourbon barrel aged is on point. From what I understand Camacho tends toward the spicy side.

Yep, red and black label.  But I love the spicy stuff so that's just right for me.  Have never tried their bourbon barrel aged, which color label is that?

Archived