Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Masters thread

RemoveSnyder

It's gonna be windy, and even colder today...we're only 47 degrees right now in ATL.

Wind only 5-8 mph today, 15-20 mph less than last two days.

With traditional Sunday pin placements being more accessible by and large, I expect somebody to fire a 66 or 67 today to take it. Not sure Langer has that in him.

Spieth's quad bogey was reminiscent of Tin Cup. Looked like he was about to fall down handing the green jacket over. 

How awkward was that award ceremony? None of the players had any presence. How poorly the new generation carries stardom on their shoulders, truly. It's not nostalgia, but the old guys had an aura.

The first Masters I really remember was the '89 which was Faldo's first. And here Willet becomes the second English born to win it. 

watching pieth put 2 in the water and then one in the trap was painful, fun, and otherwise just incredible to watch.

i don't really root for anyone in particular, i just like watching them all play so it's easy to enjoy for me

i'm sure people are going to talk about how this means something about spieth, but i just think he had a bad hole. he's 22 and he lead 7 rounds of the masters straight and, if not for one bad hole, would probably have his second green jacket. i'm pretty sure' he'll be fine, as long as he can stay healthy.

Sadly, I hoped Jordan would give a stroke or two back on the back nine to make for better drama.  I had no idea he would end up giving back 4 on one hole.  That was the most brutal I've ever witnessed. For him to have to stand up there and take it like a man, hold back the tears and give interviews and put the jacket on freaking Danny Willett, that's just soul crushing.

If there was ever a moment that could break Boy Wonders spirit, that was it. 

Archived