Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Masters thread

RemoveSnyder

I thought this a better plan than jamming another "golf" post into the Tiger Woods washed up thread. 

Who to root for? 

I usually tune in just to see the azalea bushes. Though, I'm really excited about this DeChambeau kid.

That's who I'm rooting for.

Every year it seems like Langer puts himself into contention for the weekend. Always liked his style. I'm a sucker for oldtimers who can grab a green jacket in the twilight of their standard tour playing careers.

just like every other sport I'm not a fan of a particular team/player, I root for greatest history potential so now that Phil is gone, Jordan is probably who I am rooting for, although Rory and Day were both up there for me.  And rooting for Dustin Johnson is to root for inevitable meltdown(s) so I choose to avoid that at this point.

That would be a nice story too. I wouldn't hate it I'd just rather root for something that will have relevance for at least the next 5 years

Well see I remember Langer winning it back in 93, so this would be coming full circle for me as a fan. Langer still represents that high class station that years of private school helped me scent like truffles. 

Well see I remember Langer winning it back in 93, so this would be coming full circle for me as a fan. Langer still represents that high class station that years of private school helped me scent like truffles.

Just saw on golf channel that it would be 31 years between masters wins for him. It would set the record. JN set it at 20 something

Langer having a shot to win is pretty crazy.  He's 58.  Watching Tom Watson take it past parallel at 66 is crazy too.  I'm sad he didn't make the cut.  You gotta think that Langer will fade tomorrow, but we shall see.

I don't see Spieth giving it up.  The next closest guys aren't that threatening, but anything can happen when you get to the back nine on Sunday.  I was disappointed that Rory didn't play better today, I was hoping for an epic battle.  He was just off all day long.  

Spieth was able to make a few birdies to somewhat offset his mistakes on the way in.  I was surprised to see him stumble a bit, but it was a long grinding round.  His mental game for me seems to be the closest thing to Tiger since Tiger.  He just seems tougher between the ears than the other guys.  And the putts he makes don't hurt his chances either. :)

Archived