Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Deranged True Story of "Heavy Metal Parking Lot"

Dan T.

U2 warmed up for Slickee Boys at the Bayou.

This is really The Lie That Refused to Die.   :P   Will somebody please tell Kim Kane to stop repeating this old canard?   

The Slickees were the warm up band. U2 were the headliner. 

I was there, with two roommates. So, apparently, was a guy named Tom Berard:

http://u2station.com/tours/1980/12/december-7-1980---washington-district-of-columbia-usa---bayou-club.php

Thankfully, Slickee Boys guitarist Marshall Keith has The Brain That Refused to Lie:

http://whslionspride.com/2015/05/legendary-guitarist-marshall-keith-shares-his-history-and-love-of-music/

Great show, though. U2, for a bunch of kids who looked about 13, were very impressive, and The Slickees, as always, kicked ass.  :)

Bayou story... Had tix to see Ramones and got denied at the door.. Wouldn't take our fake ids... So went went around back and climbed up on the roof and listened to the show muffled through the air conditioner vents. A few minutes in we look over and security guards are climbing up a fence to get us... I completely panic and run to the other side of the roof and climb over and drop down into the darkness... It's like 20 feet and I fall right on my ass... Omg that freaking hurt... Turns out he wasn't even a security guard, just some dude who wanted to join our party.

Note... Watch "No Way Out" with Kevin Costner and the scene he is jumping off a highway overpass... The dudes chasing him jump onto the roof Of the bayou... Then they run along the canal into the nonexistent Georgetown metro stop.

Boy, did that bring back memories. 

I loved the Cap Centre.  We saw Priest there, but I don't think it was Dokken who opened for them  The only venue that I liked better, was Hammerjacks.

Did anyone else have those jokers come up to while, "pre-gaming", and yell "You're busted!!"  ?  Then, after we finished ****ting ourselves, they'd say, "You're busted, for having a good time" and then would hand out some type of circular.

And yes....I loved those 80's women....

Did anyone else have those jokers come up to while, "pre-gaming", and yell "You're busted!!"  ?  Then, after we finished ****ting ourselves, they'd say, "You're busted, for having a good time" and then would hand out some type of circular.

Those guys were wandering Fed Ex parking lots on game days for a few years.

All of you filthy hippies writing about your sick escapades with Satan's music need to listen this right now to save your souls:

(Anyone not named Predicto need only to listen to the first minute.):

Archived