Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Multiple: The media infatuation for the Cowboys

Alaskins

On 1/5/2016 at 9:33 AM, SkinsGuy said:

Yeah, I said in another thread that, no matter how well the Redskins do in the playoffs this year, the media "experts" will still pick the Cowboys to finish first in the NFC East in 2016, and the Redskins last. :)

You almost posted the correct standings.

Cowboys 1st. Redskins 3rd instead of 4th.

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Um, because he plays behind an offensive line that gives him months to throw the ball, has the best running game in the NFL to rely on, Dez Bryant, and a HOF TE.

"Experts" like to point to Cousins weapons and system make him look better...but then clamor for Dak Prescott for MVP? How about put Cousins in that Dallas offense. Put Prescott on the Redskins offense. Who do you think performs better? I shudder to think what Cousins could do with a running game like Dallas'. He would PA them to death

Dak is definitely not this year's MVP. Him and Elliott are what propelled our offense this year together, but I'd vote for Matt Ryan as MVP.

Theoretically, Cousins might be slightly better in Dallas just because of the OL. Our receivers are pretty good, but not as explosive as Garcon, Jackson, and Reed. He'd throw for less yards but be more efficient (completion percentage) here, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Rey713 said:

Dak is definitely not this year's MVP. Him and Elliott are what propelled our offense this year together, but I'd vote for Matt Ryan as MVP.

Theoretically, Cousins might be slightly better in Dallas just because of the OL. Our receivers are pretty good, but not as explosive as Garcon, Jackson, and Reed. He'd throw for less yards but be more efficient (completion percentage) here, in my opinion.

I agree, but I think he'd shred teams with play action. He's outstanding on that and boot legs.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I agree, but I think he'd shred teams with play action. He's outstanding on that and boot legs.

To be honest, I think the Skins have a decent offensive line. I don't think Cousins can pass for nearly 5K on pure skill and good WR/TE targets if the OL wasn't serviceable.

20 hours ago, Rey713 said:

To be honest, I think the Skins have a decent offensive line. I don't think Cousins can pass for nearly 5K on pure skill and good WR/TE targets if the OL wasn't serviceable.

Our OL was pretty good--save C and LG--at least at pass blocking. Their run-blocking--outside WIlliams and Scherff--was atrocious. No one had any respect for our running game.

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Our OL was pretty good--save C and LG--at least at pass blocking. Their run-blocking--outside WIlliams and Scherff--was atrocious. No one had any respect for our running game.

Fat Rob kind of emerged as a good option though?

On 1/6/2017 at 9:44 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

I get our run game wasn't great but so many places I'd upgrade before RB.  Keep ours and upgrade the line.  That should help enough for our run game to be serviceable.

Agree. They can upgrade there, just not a priority. And, I hope the Matt Jones benching pisses him the **** off and he comes back angry, angry, angry and runs that way.

17 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Agree. They can upgrade there, just not a priority. And, I hope the Matt Jones benching pisses him the **** off and he comes back angry, angry, angry and runs that way.

Just make sure to monitor his temper... don't want Odell-esque behavior on your team. :)

Oh ES....This thread is pure comedic gold!  I see this place hasn't changed in the last few years.

Some of you guys should just stop posting, you have no idea what you are talking about...As evidenced by this thread. :)

And yet the horrible analysis continues with the most recent posts...Like gluttons for punishment. Haha

Carry on...

1 hour ago, Ken said:

Oh ES....This thread is pure comedic gold!  I see this place hasn't changed in the last few years.

Some of you guys should just stop posting, you have no idea what you are talking about...As evidenced by this thread. :)

And yet the horrible analysis continues with the most recent posts...Like gluttons for punishment. Haha

Carry on...

???

IF Green Bay goes in and beats Dallas, (Which is possible though maybe not likely) I don't think that there's going to be 1 media member in the press room for the Packer.  Except maybe when Rodgers speaks.  MAYBE.  The Dallas Morning News might send their intern to cover that press conference. Maybe a reporter from the Green Bay Gazette wanders into the room while looking for a cup of coffee...

McCarthy will walk out to an empty room and talk to a TV camera, which won't be on, because nobody will care what he has to say.  No reason on wasting storage.

Everybody will be crowded around Jerry, Dak, Tony (even if he didn't play), Dez. Elliot, Lee.  Maybe Garrett, but lets be honest, nobody really cares about what he has to say either. :)

It would be epic.

EDIT: The ESPN headline will be "Cowboys LOSE."  There will be 14 stories about the Cowboys. You might have to visit a box-score page to find out that GB was the opponent...

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

IF Green Bay goes in and beats Dallas, (Which is possible though maybe not likely) I don't think that there's going to be 1 media member in the press room for the Packer.  Except maybe when Rodgers speaks.  MAYBE.  The Dallas Morning News might send their intern to cover that press conference. Maybe a reporter from the Green Bay Gazette wanders into the room while looking for a cup of coffee...

McCarthy will walk out to an empty room and talk to a TV camera, which won't be on, because nobody will care what he has to say.  No reason on wasting storage.

Everybody will be crowded around Jerry, Dak, Tony (even if he didn't play), Dez. Elliot, Lee.  Maybe Garrett, but lets be honest, nobody really cares about what he has to say either. :)

It would be epic.

EDIT: The ESPN headline will be "Cowboys LOSE."  There will be 14 stories about the Cowboys. You might have to visit a box-score page to find out that GB was the opponent...

If both the Cowboys and Patriots lost (just a what if scenario), there would definitely a lot more Dallas Loses articles than New England.

I hate how much media coverage is given to Dallas. NFL.com is basically giving Beckham a free pass on his Miami pot adventure, but if Bryant had done something similar this past week we'd get a whole bunch of articles about "Cabo all over again", "Garrett an undisciplined coach", and "One and done".

All I had been hearing about the Giants before Sunday were references to 2011 and 2007 and how "Eli gets hot in the playoffs"... *puke*

On 3/16/2016 at 8:01 PM, bh32 said:

If you guys want a good laugh head over to cowboyszone...they are flipping out right now..Could not happen to a better fan base than that group...lol

I'm here laughing because after you talked so much crap, you never came back after we beat that ass. ....SWEEEP..2015 was a fluke ..13-3 how ya feel?? Nice defense you guys have btw.. lol said you would show up after the game ya never did. 2016 DIVISION CHAMPS!! Oh yea Ezekiel did lead the league in rushing.. who's delusional??

15 minutes ago, Daillest said:

I'm here laughing because after you talked so much crap, you never came back after we beat that ass. ....SWEEEP..2015 was a fluke ..13-3 how ya feel?? Nice defense you guys have btw.. lol said you would show up after the game ya never did. 2016 DIVISION CHAMPS!! Oh yea Ezekiel did lead the league in rushing.. who's delusional??

I never said we would win..I said Cousins would shred your defense and did exactly that,so move along 

6 minutes ago, Rey713 said:

If both the Cowboys and Patriots lost (just a what if scenario), there would definitely a lot more Dallas Loses articles than New England.

I hate how much media coverage is given to Dallas. NFL.com is basically giving Beckham a free pass on his Miami pot adventure, but if Bryant had done something similar this past week we'd get a whole bunch of articles about "Cabo all over again", "Garrett an undisciplined coach", and "One and done".

All I had been hearing about the Giants before Sunday were references to 2011 and 2007 and how "Eli gets hot in the playoffs"... *puke*

That's an interesting hypothetical.  I'm not sure I agree.  I think the Patriots losing to the Texans would be the biggest news because the Texans are terrible.  And the Pats don't lose to bad teams in the playoffs.

Since 2001 (Their first SB), the Pats have lost to:

2005 Denver Broncos.  (I don't even remotely remember that.  But it was a Plumber/Shanahan team)

2006 Colts (Peyton) AFC Championship

2007 Giants (Eli) Superbowl

2009 Ravens Wild Card

2010 Jets (Rex Ryan) Division

2011 Giants (Eli) Superbowl

2012 Ravens AFC Conference Championship

2013 Broncos (Peyton)

2015 Broncos (Peyton)

There is only 1 "bad" loss in that bunch, and that's to the 2010 Mark Sanchez lead Jets. And that defense was SICK.  (But you lose to Matt Sanchez, it's a bad loss. Period) I am pretty sure Billy B. still doesn't understand how that one happened.

Otherwise, they have lost to a Manning 5 times (Peyton 3 times, Eli twice), though the Eli losses are more because of the Giants defense than anything else), the Ravens twice, and Shanahan once.  There's no real shame in that. 

If they lose to the freaking Texans, Dallas could literally vanish from the face of the earth and nobody would notice. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That's an interesting hypothetical.  I'm not sure I agree.  I think the Patriots losing to the Texans would be the biggest news because the Texans are terrible.  And the Pats don't lose to bad teams in the playoffs.

Since 2001 (Their first SB), the Pats have lost to:

2005 Denver Broncos.  (I don't even remotely remember that.  But it was a Plumber/Shanahan team)

2006 Colts (Peyton) AFC Championship

2007 Giants (Eli) Superbowl

2009 Ravens Wild Card

2010 Jets (Rex Ryan) Division

2011 Giants (Eli) Superbowl

2012 Ravens AFC Conference Championship

2013 Broncos (Peyton)

2015 Broncos (Peyton)

There is only 1 "bad" loss in that bunch, and that's to the 2010 Mark Sanchez lead Jets. And that defense was SICK.  (But you lose to Matt Sanchez, it's a bad loss. Period) I am pretty sure Billy B. still doesn't understand how that one happened.

Otherwise, they have lost to a Manning 5 times (Peyton 3 times, Eli twice), though the Eli losses are more because of the Giants defense than anything else), the Ravens twice, and Shanahan once.  There's no real shame in that. 

If they lose to the freaking Texans, Dallas could literally vanish from the face of the earth and nobody would notice. 

Fair enough - Houston is pretty much the worst remaining playoff team.

But Dallas still gets a lot of unnecessary press that would not happen to other teams.

Just now, Daillest said:

Lol in fact you did say you would win . Go back and see. Damn funny how you never came back ..lmao

No i didn't..I know what i said..I said i don't know who is gonna win,but Cousins would shred your defense..Now did he or did he not shred your defense? He put up 800yrds and 4td's on your defense in two games..i would say he shredded your defense,so move along..

14 minutes ago, bh32 said:

No i didn't..I know what i said..I said i don't know who is gonna win,but Cousins would shred your defense..Now did he or did he not shred your defense? He put up 800yrds and 4td's on your defense in two games..i would say he shredded your defense,so move along..

"Good luck to you too...your whole defense is gonna need it...lol 31-17 Redskins"

Member now? Lmao

5 minutes ago, bh32 said:

As in Cousins will shred your defense...Did your defense struggle?

I remember cousins choking when it mattered. As usual.. SWEEEEEEEP. Hey also just read you think Ezekiel isn't special lol. We're delusional because we thought he would be rushing champ?? How that work out

5 minutes ago, Daillest said:

I remember cousins choking when it mattered. As usual.. SWEEEEEEEP. Hey also just read you think Ezekiel isn't special lol. We're delusional because we thought he would be rushing champ?? How that work out

Who cares about your team..nothing special

Archived