Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSN: Your Vegetarian Hot Dog Might Have Meat in It

Zguy28

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/your-vegetarian-hot-dog-might-have-meat-in-it/ar-BBmkIQ4?ocid=msnansfood11

Your Vegetarian Hot Dog Might Have Meat in It

And other facts gleaned from genetic testing of mass-market sausages.

DNA testing of mass-market hot dogs reveals that in many ways, they're just as mysterious and kinda-gross as you always thought.

A food analytics company in the Bay Area called Clear Labs is aiming to shake up the food manufacturing industry using genetic testing; its technology could eliminate food-related illness outbreaks as we know them, but there are plenty more applications too. The company just released the first in a series of reports called Clear Food that are intended to "guide consumers towards more informed grocery shopping decisions" by analyzing how closely the actual content of a food matches up to what the label claims.

Rest at link.

Good to know I might be an ignorant cannibal. Just sent an email to the wife about not buying cheap hot dogs.

...so let's not pay any attention to the fact that OUR TEETH are not designed to eat meat (I learned that in the 80s.)

Hmm...not sure that is correct. I thought we were designed with teeth to be an omnivore. Tearing in the front, chewing in the back. To each their own on food choices.

Hmm...not sure that is correct. I thought we were designed with teeth to be an omnivore. Tearing in the front, chewing in the back. To each their own on food choices.

Yeah...pretty sure our teeth are designed for omnivore...our eyes also indicate predator.

Predator animals have eyes in the front..the prey has eyes more in the side so they can detect the predators.

I have never voted for limiting choices of any kind. 

And that's where we started...an attempted murderer who would limit choices.

We report...you decide. ;)

So you're an anarchist?

Yeah, teeth certainly made to be omnivores.

Incisors, canines, then the chewing teeth in the back.

Truly this is blasphemy!

Archived