Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Take Champ's Money....

Ignatius J.

Champ should have taken his money when he had the chance. Sometimes people can get too greedy. Ya know? I respect Champ as a player, but I'm getting a little tired of seeing him get burnt on the long play and pounding his cheast saying "my fault, my fault." I'm tired of seeing him bang the ground in frustration after the big play too.

Champ didn't take the money because he knows he is a good player. Unfotunately for him he hasnt been playing too well lately. Hopefully he will soon realize that if he wants that money he better start earning it. He looked really unhappy with his play today. You guys forget he's still a great player. If he doesn't pick it up this season then I agree get what we can for him. But I have a feeling he is giong to turn it around and show us that kind of play we have seen from him in the past.

Originally posted by SkinzFan007

Champ didn't take the money because he knows he is a good player. Unfotunately for him he hasnt been playing too well lately. Hopefully he will soon realize that if he wants that money he better start earning it. He looked really unhappy with his play today. You guys forget he's still a great player. If he doesn't pick it up this season then I agree get what we can for him. But I have a feeling he is giong to turn it around and show us that kind of play we have seen from him in the past.

He sees the amount in his bank account shrinking every day.

An average CB more than likely intercepts that "punt" from Hasselback, yet Champ allows the receiver to catch it instead.... I agree with you guys who indicate that Champ is playing himself out of the deal still on the table.

As for Smoot.... I sure wish he'd creep about five yards closer to the line of scrimmage more. As for the INT, that's called being alert and being in the right place at the right time. Just when might Champ be "in the right place at the right time"?

Originally posted by CrankyTodd

I'm telling you guys, we can afford to play hardball in the Champ negotiations... the market will be soft due to the available talent.

That Right! We can now just make him a take it or leave it offer, and make him deside to go see what others will offer, and I think that he'll find that the figure isn't as high as he thought.

I was at the game. I watched Champ on this one play, Hassleback wanted to throw a pump and go against Champ but his coverage was amazing. I mean move for move with the WR but with enough room to make a play on the ball if it was thrown.

He is a very good corner, I think we make him out to be worse than he is.

Ted,

I don't know how long you've been lurking, but when the board is in agreement about the merits of a certian proposal, 10-1 that it is too sweet a deal for ANY team to come to the table.

With the way champ is struggling and the flood at CB we're about to see in the FA marker, the choice for the redskins is between releasing champ outright or swallowing the franchise tag at what? 6m?

Unless champs play picks up considerably, no one, and I mean no one is going to come knocking on our door for his services.

-DB

Archived