Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley on the radio is impressive

bonesbr549

You can tell he was successful in the NFL by studying and maximizing his talent.  He actually listened to his coaches and it shows when he talks about the details of the game.  Rarely do you hear a player, QB or otherwise, talk about the fine details of playing the position (foot position, how to read a qb's shoulder, landmarks a RB aims for while pressing the hole on a zone run).

A week or so ago his broadcast partner commented that he is tough but fair to the players during his breakdowns... that if they mess up, he'll point that out.  Then someone (Pollin? Czabe? Sheehan? Don't remember) brought up that it would be interesting if 2015 radio guy Chris Cooley got some old film and graded 2004-2012 tight end Chris Cooley.  He actually sounded like he would love to do that.

That might be a good bye-week segment.

Obviously this is a joke, but Matich is the worst. Called the skins a disheveled mess before the Dolphins game and then lauded a turn around after Rams.

Another topic......Mathew Berry's new love hate refers to the Washington team as the "Redskins" again. I thought it was weird....

Matich explains things like he's talking to a 6 yr old.

Obviously this is a joke, but Matich is the worst. Called the skins a disheveled mess before the Dolphins game and then lauded a turn around after Rams.

Another topic......Mathew Berry's new love hate refers to the Washington team as the "Redskins" again. I thought it was weird....

I like matich. I like how he breaks things down, which is what I like about Cooley.

What's up with Matthew berry? I'm pretty sure he's actually a redskin fan. Not sure I knew he wasn't using the name.

On a related note, did anyone catch Phil simms using the name Thursday?

is there an app or live stream available for 980?  only DC sports radio I can find is 106.7 on the Radio.com app

if you have an iPhone go to the app store and search espn980 

Loved him as a player. He was my favourite at the time. Don't like him at all doing games. 

I'd personally blow up the whole crew. It's turgid trying to sit through the game broadcast. Which is a bummer as I always used to love trying to match up the visual with the audio. 

Hail. 

I would get a professional play by play person and have Cooley and Doc do the color. The main reason I don't listen to the radio is out awful play by play Larry Michael is awful. 

Archived