Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Madden 17 Thread - Connected Franchises Online League Info

Dont Taze Me Bro

55 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Godoe757tril...we allowed to pick our teams?

I don't see why not.  If up to me, I want to do the 53 round live draft so I can pick my team.  We have a lot of fun doing that in my PS4 league.  As far as picking what team you want to draft the players to, absolutely.  We will just need to take into consideration how many players we can get to do this, so we can strategically pick teams where we will get plenty of user games.  Playing the CPU is boring.  It would be awesome to get 32 people so every game is vs. real players, but that probably won't happen lol.  

1 hour ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Well I Def wa wondering about the selection of which team we are but also this is a fantasy draft? I am a huge fan of fantasy drafts and so is my boy which Is usually all we do is franchise fantasy drafts.

Add Xbox one inf4mous757 to the list 

Yeah, we can do a fantasy draft, 53 rounds and pick all our players.  It's the only fun way to do it imo.  Added your friend to the list, that's 4 so far, keep'em coming!

5 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

@Momma There Goes That Man You need to add me on XB1 bruh, DontTazeMeBro75   I tried to add you and it wouldn't let me, you got it set up to not let people add you?

If I did it wasn't on purpose. I'll add you later today when I get home 

7 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

MLS might be in too.  He still has his Xbox One.

That defense of his...shudders 

They had multiple TV's set up last night at the football game with Madden 17 so I was able to try it out. 

The game literally looks identical to 16 presentation wise. It's a little insulting. For someone that just comes in and plays it you couldn't even tell the difference, the scoreboard is the same, even the menus are highly similar. The only reason you could tell it was 17 was if you pressed the Xbox logo and it says on the screen "Madden NFL 17" 

Not sure if this is new but you can forward through replays now by holding down A. They still have all this crap between plays though, you should be able to press A and immediately skip the video presentation and replays. Also the Redskins scoreboard animations are impressively identical to last season...however they've upgraded them this season and they no longer look like that. Other than that it was fine gameplay wise. I was dropping back to pass and fired to a wide open receiver and the pass wobbled inaccurately and got picked off. :( Lot of pressure too from the computer. One time it was 3rd and 19 and I thought I had thrown a deep ball to Jackson for the first but somehow he didn't make the catch. It looked like he did though so that was kind of weird. 

Played about 2 quarters but that's what I saw so far. It's alright. Not sure if it's worth a purchase though but it is a good time waster. 

The game needs a patch once released. I've had 2 online games where I lost 4 and 5 fumbles each about half were sack fumbles returned for TDs. Speaking of sacks, my God the OLs are horrendous, they seem way too easily exploited. I've been tackled about 10 different times before the QB could even hand off to the RB. 

Aside from those two things, I feel pretty good about where the gameplay is. I'm not holding much judgement on those issues yet since this is only the free trial and I'm sure will be patched early. 

Taze- we may need to tweak the sliders a bit if not lol

Day 1 patch should fix the run/pass play bug, as well as seeing the draft in acquisitions.

@Dont Taze Me Bro, I help commish 2 leagues and active in 3, if people are looking for established 32 player CFMs.  1-2 spots available total ATM, but people do leave.  If you wouldn't mind me advertising this in your thread, i'll leave this here.  If you feel i shouldn't, i'll pull down.

9 minutes ago, superozman said:

Day 1 patch should fix the run/pass play bug, as well as seeing the draft in acquisitions.

@Dont Taze Me Bro, I help commish 2 leagues and active in 3, if people are looking for established 32 player CFMs.  1-2 spots available total ATM, but people do leave.  If you wouldn't mind me advertising this in your thread, i'll leave this here.  If you feel i shouldn't, i'll pull down.

Don't mind at all.  What system are the leagues on?  And do you guys do a live draft or just take over current teams?

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

getting madden 17 today at gamestop!! excited to use Cravens, Norman and Doctson :D with the cheats, Cravens, Norman and Doctson will be in the record books in about 2 weeks for the skins in my franchise mode.

What system do you have?  And do you play online at all?

47 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

I'm almost exclusively CFM. Not in any leagues. Usually just play solo when I have the time. Are the changes to Franchise mode regarding practice/training, free agents, drafts, practice squad, gameplay, etc. worth upgrading from Madden 16 to 17? I'm on PS4.

I'll let you decide on that - but the changes i've noticed in the trial are:

Training - you can earn medals, and then you can sim training for xp based on the medal you've earned.  (Haven't tried it myself yet - the simming).  Practice squad  - you can put people to PS, and you can claim people off others.  Practice is still there "Free Practice".

Drafts, i like the changes (last year tallest WR was 6'4", shortest 5'8" - this is expanded), however, it seems to be speed heavy.  IE - i got a 93 spd 6;6" WR and a 95 spd 6'3" CB in a draft.

Archived