Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Clemson probably came a year too soon being as the Sooners are looking loaded from top to bottom in 2016.

But as this has been a horrid few sporting days, I shall go back to mourning what could of been.

Hail.

Good luck with that. Clemson has had 40 sophomore and freshman see time this year, and have one of the top recruiting classes coming in next year.

If anything, the Tigers were expected to contend NEXT year.

Yeah I think he's a SS in the NFL. He's listed at 216 and that looks about right. Too small to play LB in the stack in the NFL.

Cravens is a little smaller than Chancellor and I don't think he's as fast or physical. He's a heady player and he has a good motor and he's usually very dependable in coverage. Doesn't seem to make a lot of errors. But he doesn't have much explosion to his game. A very deliberate mover that takes a minute to get going downhill. I like Jeremy Cash out of Duke more than Cravens for that role you're talking about.

i like Cravens instincts a lot better from what i've seen, & i love him as a blitzer. best blitzing S i've seen on film so far...but there is a lot of film still to watch. i feel if you get him in our scheme, he's going to play his role very well. especially as a downhill party-crasher. i like Cash, & Kearse as well...but i feel that they both could likely be had in the 2nd...possibly. Cravens has had some real bully moments though. i talked about it waaaay earlier in this thread, but i remember a game where he came off the edge & just moved his intended blocker. once was a LT, & the other was a TE. it was a smaller school...so there was that, but Cravens has displayed this sort of physical style all throughout the season.

long way to go though....tons of film still to be watched.

USC has a linebacker named Olajuwon Tucker. My man couldn't even get named Hakeem?

Doubt we'll see a bunch of kids named Dirk any time soon, but I have no doubt that there is a generation of Kobes running around Pop Warner right now.

Uhh...

Olajuwon is a Yoruba Name - meaning:

"Wealth and honor are God's gift".

I doubt, very seriously, that Hakeem Olajuwon's basketball stardom had ANYTHING to do with that brother's name - other than providing impetus for his parents to bestow upon theor son an Ancestral Name. Jeez!?!

My familial name, Olufemi (God Loves Me), is also of Yoruba (Nigerian) origin - although I am Ba-Luba (born in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo).

In millennia-past, The Luba traversed westward from Central Africa into West Africa (hence the term 'Niger-Congo Region' of Antiquity).

*F.Y.I.: Bishop Desmond Tutu, of South Africa, also has a Yoruba surname.

Anyhoo: "HTTR-4-LIFE!!! We 'LIKE THAT'!!! Beat (The Brakes Off of) Dallas!!!"

OlufemiBiz, this is totally off topic (although I found what you posted interesting) but your typing has improved dramatically over the years the more you've posted here. By that I mean your ability to communicate what you mean and your actual typing--punctuation and capitalization especially--in a manner more like we Americans use. We're rubbing off on you :)

I hope this doesn't come off as patronizing at all, it was a sincere observation.

OlufemiBiz, this is totally off topic (although I found what you posted interesting) but your typing has improved dramatically over the years the more you've posted here. By that I mean your ability to communicate what you mean and your actual typing--punctuation and capitalization especially--in a manner more like we Americans use. We're rubbing off on you :)

I hope this doesn't come off as patronizing at all, it was a sincere observation.

Thanks, Bruh!!!

Anybody seen the game TCU Oregon?

I want to know how that D line of the Ducks didnt take over the second half. They played with 31 points lead, that should give there 'elite' dline the chance to chasr the QB.

Looked like DForrest Buckner had a cast on. I'm glad he's projected to go top half of the 1st because I see no dog in him. Maybe he's been banged up but the few times I've seen him I haven't been impressed. I think it's likely we go DL with our first pick since a starting ILB and S/Center can be had in the 50-80 range. Is it possible we trade out the 1st completely??

Looked like DForrest Buckner had a cast on. I'm glad he's projected to go top half of the 1st because I see no dog in him. Maybe he's been banged up but the few times I've seen him I haven't been impressed. I think it's likely we go DL with our first pick since a starting ILB and S/Center can be had in the 50-80 range. Is it possible we trade out the 1st completely??

It could be very possible we do trade out of 1st. Wouldn't be mad if we took someone's 1st for 2017. 

So, how many Arkansas players do we want to bring in?

Put me down for three.

PFF giving the Arkansas offense a lot of love for their performance in their bowl game:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/03/college-arkansas-kansas-state-grades/

– The star of the game was Arkansas running back Alex Collins (+5.5). Collins rushed for 185 yards and three touchdowns on 23 carries. Collins is the beneficiary of a massive offensive line that can open holes for him, but he repeatedly demonstrated his ability to create on his own. Collins used both his strength and his agility to force nine missed tackles against the Wildcats.

– QB Brandon Allen (+4.5) finished the game 20-of-26 for 315 yards with one touchdown and one interception. He threw the ball accurately to the intermediate and deep parts of the field, and completed six-of-eight passes targeted further than 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. He also completed six-of-eight passes when he was under pressure for a NFL QB rating of 156.3 when pressured.

– The Arkansas Razorbacks are fortunate to have not one, but two tight ends with NFL potential. Jeremy Sprinkle (+4.8) and Hunter Henry (+3.1) both had excellent games against Kansas State. Henry is the starter, and is often lined up in-line. He can move people in the run game and has the athleticism and body control to get open and make plays in the pass game (+2.4 pass catching grade). Sprinkle was used in a more versatile H-back manner, and was often lined-up in the backfield and used as a lead blocker, earning a +2.0 run blocking grade for the game, in addition to his +2.1 pass catching grade.

What an awesome performance from Collins. He certainly captivated my attention and has me wishing I had watched his game against LSU. I can't tell if he's tiny or if his OL is just that gigantic. My only complaint about him is I don't think he has that top gear that can make a RB special. But I love the violence of his cuts and his instinctive ability to find space in the second level of a defense that makes lining angles of pursuit very difficult. And I love the way he picks up the blitz. He's a tough little running back.

But the guy who really wasn't on my radar until now was Sprinkle. I'd be a little surprised if he declares this year, but if not, he's definitely one to watch for next season.

Also, I'm with you on Allen. CBS has him projected as a 6th or 7th round pick and I'd love to snag him in that range with the intention of developing him as the third QB next season.

And I'm on board for Hunter Henry in the first round. Looks like we're picking about 25th unless something really special happens in the playoffs, and Henry was 23rd on my non-QB big board I just made. So he could be the straight up BPA at our pick if he's still on the board.

I think you also have to be interested in the LG #73 if for no other reason than his size. Try him out for the # 3 QB position too...

What did you think of Whitehair in that game?

Even in a year when we make the playoffs, I can't stay away. 

Team is leaps and bounds above where I expected, but of course, McCloughan ... so not really a big surprise.

Curious to know what the typical draft gurus on here see as the Top needs this off-season ... and what positions we may have, surprisingly, placed on the back-burner. It also amazes me that McC can bring in back-end/depth talent outside of the usual areas. 

For me, I think we need: OC (2nd-4th), Tall WR (1st-3rd), Blocking/Young TE (mid-round), secondary depth (mid-round), DL Youth (UDFA, Late Round).

Of course I expect BPA in the draft, but just some positions I'd like to see us getting as the off-season progresses.

Put me down for three.

PFF giving the Arkansas offense a lot of love for their performance 

What did you think of Whitehair in that game?

Yea, those Irish teenagers with laptops can't deny the Arkansas O, no matter what numbers they conjure up. 

I think I'm at 4 right now, maybe 5. Allen, Collins, Henry, Sprinkle, maybe Tretola.

I only glanced at Whitehair occasionally. 

He's got the feet, but I already knew that. Nonetheless, I start there. He can move. Therefore he can shadow box. I question his overall anchor but even Scherff gets driven back. Whitehair just feels like the quintessential Green Bay lineman. He'll be fine for Zone. As a center he'd have more than adequate maneuverability. I want to see his measurables and 1-on-1's from the Senior Bowl. 

You know another leftfield Center I've been munching on, besides the San Diego State kid I mentioned to you earlier (Greene(, the longtime Guard from Mississippi State, Justin Malone. He played center in their bowl game. The opposite of Whitehair. Malone has concrete feet, but he's long armed and big. Covered a surprisingly good range of space from the center spot. 

Curious to know what the typical draft gurus on here see as the Top needs this off-season

Guru or Gyro? Don't think I'm a guru.

But ... we need a QB (somewhere in there). 

Even with the whole class in perspective, I think my guy of preference and choice is Brandon Allen. 

I disagree. This Alabama OL was elite, and together with the defensive front, I thought this was Bama's finest season at dominating the LoS under Saban. We'll look back on this team and wonder how in the hell they ever lost to Ole Miss. In terms of individual accolades, Kelly won the Rimington and I think Cam Robinson might already be one of the three or so best LTs and he'll get projected into the top five going into next season based off his year. Also had guys like Nysewander making contributions.

I don't know how you would find a recording, but check out their games against Wisconsin, LSU, Georgia, and that last game against Michigan State if you can. The line was scary in those games. Those were big games too.

Comparing Henry to past Saban RBs, I'd say he's easily better than Lacey, who is his most natural comparison. Lacey had a worse body coming out, much worse body now... Plus he's not as fast as Henry. Yeldon was a much more explosive and versatile runner. Ingram was a better all around player and a cleaner projection. Richardson was a better college player, but he was utterly spent by the time he got to the NFL.

That's actually one of the scary things about Alabama RBs. Short shelf life coming in. Bama players have a reputation for being used hard and getting a ton of surgeries and losing a lot more tread on their tires in practices than players from other programs.

What round do you see Kelly going? I think he would be a much needed upgrade for us at center,

Archived