Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

12news.com: AZ Cardinals hire first female coach

MrSilverMaC

Bruce Arians and the Arizona Cardinals have made NFL history by hiring Jen Welter as a training camp/preseason intern coach.

More at link:

http://www.12news.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2015/07/27/arizona-cardinals-hire-first-female-coach/30762043/

Pretty cool story. It's odd to me how much the cardinals have changed as an organization from the late 80's and 90's to the late 2000's to now..

Seems odd that someone who played runningback and special teams would coach inside linebackers, but I've never noticed other coaches' histories to know how common it is.

Green Bay loves to move position coaches around. Jerry Fontenot, for example, started as an assistant O-line coach, then became the RB coach, and is currently the TE coach. I guess the theory is that cross-training gives you a better look at the big picture and how the parts fit together.

Seems odd that someone who played runningback and special teams would coach inside linebackers, but I've never noticed other coaches' histories to know how common it is.

I remember one year the Eagles had an O-Line coach.  I forget his name, but he had an hispanic last name.  Anyway, the line sucked for a couple of years and they decided to shuffle the staff and I think he ended up as the defensive coordinator. I thought that was really strange.

I remember one year the Eagles had an O-Line coach. I forget his name, but he had an hispanic last name. Anyway, the line sucked for a couple of years and they decided to shuffle the staff and I think he ended up as the defensive coordinator. I thought that was really strange.

Lol yeah he did the wonderful wide 9 formation..lol

It was like our swinging gate if I recall

thank goodness nobody on here is as stupid as those people on FB. the comments ive seen on this story on FB are so sexist! men saying "what is she doing out of the kitchen?" or "none of those players are going to respect a woman, and they will all try to flirt with her".    just so idiotic. i think if a woman knows as much about football as a man does, she should be able to have a shot too.

Archived