Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY Post: Al Sharpton's Daughter Sues the city of New York for $5 million

Boss_Hogg

The good Reverend has spoken at length on the air about how he doesn't seek the causes he's called on to defend...he gets the calls.(If anyone watches him, painful though it may be, they know this.)

He marched for EVERYONE'S rights.  I have no doubt he'd help me if I asked him to, if I had a serious issue with wrongdoing, and I'm white.   

If you don't watch him with at least some degree of regularity, you know nothing of which you speak.

Can I get a poll of Politics Nation watchers?  Two in my house.  Two white people, more specifically.

The good Reverend has spoken at length on the air about how he doesn't seek the causes he's called on to defend...he gets the calls.(If anyone watches him, painful though it may be, they know this.)

He marched for EVERYONE'S rights.  I have no doubt he'd help me if I asked him to, if I had a serious issue with wrongdoing, and I'm white.   

If you don't watch him with at least some degree of regularity, you know nothing of which you speak.

Can I get a poll of Politics Nation watchers?  Two in my house.  Two white people, more specifically.

Yeah, since your white you would have to pay our wonderful Reverend a few hundred grand to get him to march for you.  He is the lowest scum of a human being.  What he meant to say was, he doesn't seek or defend anything unless money is involved for him.

Yeah, since your white you would have to pay our wonderful Reverend a few hundred grand to get him to march for you.  He is the lowest scum of a human being.  What he meant to say was, he doesn't seek or defend anything unless money is involved for him.

I would encourage you to clarify how you know these things, since you sound so sure. You're a loyal viewer of the program in question?

I'm guessing you are too young to remember the case that brought Al Sharpton to prominence -Tawana Brawley. He fabricated a story of her being gang raped by a group of white men, and named just about every white public official who had ever criticized him as being one of the rapists. He was later sued (successfully ) for slander.

If the chaplain from Bob Jones University invented a phony story about a white woman being gang raped by the congressional Black Caucus, do you think even the nuts at Faux News would give him a TV show?

I would encourage you to clarify how you know these things, since you sound so sure. You're a loyal viewer of the program in question?

Clarification consists of listening to Al for a mere 5 minutes and realizing he is the biggest race baiter in America.  He doesn't care about anything or anyone except $$$$ money that comes flying in.  Also considering Al has like 100 viewers on MSNBC everyday is a dead giveaway too.

Clarification consists of listening to Al for a mere 5 minutes and realizing he is the biggest race baiter in America.  He doesn't care about anything or anyone except $$$$ money that comes flying in.  Also considering Al has like 100 viewers on MSNBC everyday is a dead giveaway too.

Riggo-toni hit a high spot, and mentioned something I can actually research...you did not.  Are you regretting the "$$$$" you sent?  

Count me in on the 100.  I can only wonder who the other 98 are...I know my SIL & BIL are in there, their son too, LOL...so that leaves 95 more for the educated...or can we not really count either?

So, the true way to learn Sharptons motives is to watch his show, which only gives off a specific persona he allows?

He has decades of public activies which everyone else seems to base their opinion on.

I was running on the sidewalk at night, and there was a pot hole on the side walk. I didn't see it, I fell, hit my knee and required surgery. Could I have sued for that?

Depends on if the City was placed on notice of the problem, and didn't fix it in a reasonable amount of time.    Usually those two prerequisites are not met.

If over a year has passed since the incident, the statute of limitations has probably run and it's too late to file a lawsuit.

Also remember, you can demand 5 million bucks, but most of the time all you get awarded is your medical expenses and a small amount for pain and suffering.  

I'm guessing you are too young to remember the case that brought Al Sharpton to prominence -Tawana Brawley. He fabricated a story of her being gang raped by a group of white men, and named just about every white public official who had ever criticized him as being one of the rapists. He was later sued (successfully ) for slander.

If the chaplain from Bob Jones University invented a phony story about a white woman being gang raped by the congressional Black Caucus, do you think even the nuts at Faux News would give him a TV show?

Come on now.   Sharpton didn't fabricate that story.   Brawley fabricated that story, and Sharpton BELIEVED it and ran with it.  It's not good what he did, but it is very different than what you are claiming here.   

The hate against Sharpton goes way beyond all bounds of reason sometimes.  

who is the last white person Sharpton marched for....Michael Jackson??

He did ask the court for leniency for the white racist who stabbed him in the chest during a civil rights march.  Does that count?  

He also has been an activist for gay rights.

I'm not a fan of this guy at all, he's a media hound and a bit of a huckster, but you guys are over the top.

Al encouraged people to assault police, and worse..   

When the civil case brought by the cops who's lives he ruined came to court, Tawana Brawley refused to come and testify for him, saying essentially she was tired of all of it, and she was tired of al badgering her so he could keep building on it.

Al LOST the lawsuit, and started a fistfight with one of them in the vestibule of the courthouse.

You can also look up Freddie's Fashion Mart, in which Al led a protest against a landlord that wanted to evict a tenant, saying "We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business" 

Meanwhile, property was owned by a black church, who had asked a white and Jewish subordinate to do the eviction.

the protest Al started resulted in an arson that killed 8 people.

You could look up the Crown Heights Riots that Al whipped up over a very unfortunate traffic accident that killed a small child. 

The accident started off immediate riots, which Al flamed with statements like: 

the Rev. Al Sharpton made comments about "diamond dealers" and commented "It's an accident to allow an apartheid ambulance service in the middle of Crown Heights."[18] In addition, a banner displayed at the funeral read "Hitler did not do the job"

from Wiki

On the third day of the disturbances, Al Sharpton and Sonny Carson led a march.[22] The marchers proceeded through Crown Heights, carrying antisemitic signs and an Israeli flag was burned.[22][23] Rioters threw bricks and bottles at police; shots were fired at police and police cars were pelted and overturned, including the Police Commissioner’s car.[6][15]

Riots escalated to the extent that a detachment of 200 police officers was overwhelmed and had to retreat for their safety. On August 22, over 1,800 police officers, including mounted and motorcycle units, had been dispatched to stop the attacks on people and property.[6]

By the time the three days of rioting ended, 152 police officers and 38 civilians were injured, 27 vehicles were destroyed, seven stores were looted or burned,[24] and 225 cases of robbery and burglary were committed.[6] At least 129 arrests were made during the riots,[24] including 122 blacks and seven whites.[25][26] Property damage was estimated at one million dollars.[6]

Al Sharpton is a charlatan,to call him merely a  a race baiter is to do a disservice to the actual and real harm Al has caused in his desire to be relevant, and to be viewed as a black leader.

he is racist, and i don't see why his racism is acceptable. Hate in the guise of good,, nothing worse.

He has no redeeming qualities. as far as I'm concerned,   all the good he has supposedly done is only to try and erase the stench of what else he's done.

They don't balance.

~Bang

He did ask the court for leniency for the white racist who stabbed him in the chest during a civil rights march.  Does that count?  

He also has been an activist for gay rights.

I'm not a fan of this guy at all, he's a media hound and a bit of a huckster, but you guys are over the top.

He did ask for leniency.....then he sued NYC.

Gay rights....yes. He is now. Because that's another way to get his name out there.

"White folks was in caves while we was building empires.... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."

He exists only to further himself.

Come on now. Sharpton didn't fabricate that story. Brawley fabricated that story, and Sharpton BELIEVED it and ran with it. It's not good what he did, but it is very different than what you are claiming here.

The hate against Sharpton goes way beyond all bounds of reason sometimes.

Brawley lied about being raped to avoid being punished by her mother, but Sharpton was the one who immediately went wild pulling names out of a hat of everyone he had ever had a beef with everytime he could lure a camera in front of his face.

Brawley lied about being raped to avoid being punished by her mother, but Sharpton was the one who immediately went wild pulling names out of a hat of everyone he had ever had a beef with everytime he could lure a camera in front of his face.

Yep.  But you said that Sharpton himself manufactured the story in the first place.   That simply isn't true, and it changes him from a "jump on the bandwagon opportunist" into a flat-out criminal.   So I pointed it out.  

Anyhow, I'm not going to kill myself defending Rev. Al any more.   I'm not a fan, at all.  

Archived