Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar up next

NASMTrainer

Originally posted by OaktonSkinsFan

Arrington also said that the first string D doesn't play against the first string offense in practice. OMG. :doh:

maybe that is why our DE's and OT's are so bad now, they don't even practice against each other :( That explains everything now. If this is all true then Spurrier and all his coaches has to go now, wait to all the newspapers get a hold of this.

you could tell from his comment about the Baltimore head

coach that LaVar feels we are no in the same ballpark,

Doc tried to tell him he needed to stand up and get on

his teamates like Ray Lewis did. LaVar diagreed and said

it was not his job to go past the coach but if they asked

him to do it he would.

LaVar is hurting -you could tell and he is a standup and

team player. I like the way he explained how he had to

maintain his position and not try to make a big play only

to get beat like he did in the Giant game.

This is the way our defense was coached last year and

only now do I see us returning to the system of

responsibility for each player to his area.

Originally posted by BD

Er, don't you remember 0-5? That was worse than this.

Yeah, 0-5 felt pretty bad.

I still really feel hopeless right now though. I can't see a silver lining here.

I'll just hope Spurrier doesn't come on and "Durn Shucks" it up. I'll hope Spurrier vows to change his plays to protect the QB better, and coach Ramsey to thow sooner. I'll hope Spurrier is going to say he is going to work day and night to find an answer.

I'll hope, but I already know what I'll hear.

I have never in my 31 years felt like this as a Redskins fan.......unbelievable how far this whole organization has fell..........this is very depressing.........at least with Norv, we were competitive, and I never thought we'd be worse than Norv......I no we can't, but I sure wish we could cut everybody on the team, and just start over...........with new players and coaches......I am divided on who I think is more responsible, the inept coaches, or the forever undiscplined players no matter who the coach is..........THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

as far as praticing against each other-LaVar did say that

the first string offensive line did practice againt the first

string defense blitz packages. The whole first string

offense does not practice against the first string defense

is how he saw it.

As to a question, Spurrier is not involved in watching game

film with the defense.

His big frustration is not winning with the talent we have

and he will do anything the coaches ask because he

is a total team player.

Originally posted by MAP16

Why are you all saying that Lavar will be gone soon? That really upsets me. Was it something he alluded to? SOmething he said? What?

he has had 4 DC's and HC's he is sick of this, i hope i don't have root for him in a different uni :doh: :puke: :(

I have never in my 31 years felt like this as a Redskins fan.......unbelievable how far this whole organization has fell..........this is very depressing.........at least with Norv, we were competitive, and I never thought we'd be worse than Norv......

We weren't any more competative with Norv. Anyone remember 0-7 in year FIVE of The Turner Era? We are nowhere close to that.

Still, those teams had a certain self-respect about them that eminated from JKC. A certain class that held over from the Gibbs years. Sure, we were chronically mediocre, but not loathesome. Not the joke of the league.

Something has changed. Snyder and Spurrier are drama-magnets. Everything we do is criticized ten times over. I've never seen something like this before as a Redskin fan.

Whether fair or not, this organization has gone from one known for it's tradition and class to a bad joke. And that is sad.

Oh, and if Arrington wants out, i suspect he'll be gone next season when his contract balloons up to 6 mil or so. Bhudda? Isn't that right?

Gentleman teams practice against the scout team who simulate the opposing teams offense & defense... EVERY TEAM practices that way during the season!!

If Lavar doesn't practice with the first team offense, is he sure the RB don't practice blocking schemes??

You guys are too happy to jump to conclusions

Lets not foget that the 0-5 team rallied to win 5 games in a row and finished the last 11 games, 8-3. In other words there was something ENCOURAGING to think about at the end of the season. Not to mention that after 0-5 Marty gave in and modified his regime because it wasn't quite working, and that is something Spurrier through 8 games has flat out REFUSED TO DO. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Marty was the answer, but he made the team at least respectable again after the debacle of 2000. This team is going backwards. Always remember that 0-5 team was QB'd by Jeff George/Tony Banks.

Originally posted by bubba9497

Gentleman teams practice against the scout team who simulate the opposing teams offense & defense... EVERY TEAM practices that way during the season!!

Bubba that is true, but still the 1st teams do practice against the 1st teams. When Lavar said that Doc Walker almost had a stroke so I think he knows more than all of us.

I would hope that a head coach would take the time to sit in on

a defensive game film if it had a big problem and possibly see

what was being done to remedy mistake. Sort of like the

times we were getting beat for sucker touchdowns recently.

Previously we were getting beat up by special team play

but the offensive side of the team has now replaced it

as our worst and Spurrier needs to be there to correct

problems. Having said that, his system is the biggest

problem and next to that the blocking schemes by the

line coach he hired.

As has been said so many times-Helton has to go!!

Archived