Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Mega Draft Day Party Tailgate 05/02/15 (Platinum Lot A)

pez

Flags, tables, chairs

Oysters, chips, cheese, crackers, nuts.

Liquor, beer

Reuben sandwiches cut into quarters. I'm thinking 56 quarters.

My post on FB a while back: "29,876 friends. Who knew?"

TK's response: "It's the reubens"

Nice!

I need to talk to you at the tailgate, (while we're relatively sober), about the upcoming season. Fran & I are putting together a plan of action for attending games this year and would like your input. We'll be there ariumd 9:00 or so.

To keep it OT, we'll also bring some liquor

Posted this on the FB event page too:

A friendly reminder to all..because Chris is too nice to say it.

This tailgate is a "No Mooch" zone! While all are welcome, please note that it takes an awful lot of time, effort and $$$$, to pull this off. It's our time, our effort and our $$$$. This is a big event, and it's not cheap and it's not easy.

Don't be that guy. "That guy?" you ask? Let me explain.

"That guy" is the one who shows up, with a bag of chips, and helps himself/herself to shrimp, steak, pork, snacks, dessert, and washes it all down with beer and top shelf liquor.

Look at the stuff people are bringing. Seafood, chicken, steaks, beer, liquor, not to mention tables, grills, canopies, (a whole pig!). Guess what? This costs a lot of money.

When you show up, and mooch, that is straight up BS, and an insult to those of us who have spent so much time, effort and money, to make this such a great event.

Don't get me wrong, it's a labor of love, and we enjoy feeding our fellow fans, and showing everybody a good time, but we need help, and everyone to step up, and continue to make this the best tailgate at FedEx field.

DON'T BE THAT GUY!!!!

Update:  Make that 80 quarter sandwiches.

Also a 5 gallon ice water cooler filled ...

... wait for it ...

ice water. 

Also some of my homemade smoked salmon and cream cheese.  With crackers of course. 

Packin' the truck now.  It's a big job.  Hopin' to be done before 10. 

I've never beaten Pez to Draft Day before.  But there's a first for everything. 

Another great Draft Day Celebration - courtesy of - EVERYBODY!

The weather was fabulous. 

I thought Pez had finally messed up, trying to cook a 122 lb pig in a box designed for 100# max. And I said so.

"I did a 130 pounder last time", Pez retorted.

"Oh", I cleverly replied.  I remembered that one was perfect. I decided to keep my mouth shut for a while.

Then much later he was flippin' it and it started falling apart.  It's done, I thought to myself.  Ten minutes max. 

But no.  Pez waited at least another half hour as he crisped the skin.

Finally it came out.  The cracklin' was a light brown and was like potato chips.  The most tender and brittle yet perfectly cooked cracklin' I ever had.  The meat squirting juice like a fresh orange.  And just the right amount of seasoned salt pork taste.  It was ridiculous. 

And everybody's food was incredible.  That's the cool thing about draft day is every does their best dish, so it's just awesome food everywhere you turn.  All the ExtremeSkin regulars did a great job as always. 

And and special Thank-You to Sons Of The Radio for another fabulous rock concert!!!!!

Hail To The Redskins!

Bummed that I missed my first DDP at FedEx since they began in 2004ish. I was up in NYC for the weekend, so I decided to hit the NYG's ddp at Metlife; just to check out another scene. Well it wasn't nearly as cool as our ddp. There was no tailgating in the parking lots and no club level access inside the stadium. The field was open for the public, but that was about the only thing interesting. Obtw, there was no ball tossing allowed on the field. And to top all of that off, admission was $20 per head. LAME! Never again. Oh well. Lesson learned. 

Is it wrong to admit that some of my best memories at FedEx in the 2000s have been the draft day parties? 

Archived