Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Wine Thread

PigskinRedskin

All this wine talk just made me buy two more bottles.  And I swore I would hold off for a while!  Dang it lol.  Kinda want to drink the wine I have before buying more.

I just bought: 2010 Pio Cesare Barolo and 2010 Querciabella Chianti Classico

If you guys can get your hands on any 2010 Italian reds, that would be recommended.  Everything I've been reading points to 2010 being an exceptional vintage.  Just read this on Vinous -

The 2010 vintage in Barolo is shaping up to be a modern-day classic. The cool growing season produced transparent, vibrant Barolos that pulsate with tension, crystalline purity and site-specific nuance.

All this wine talk just made me buy two more bottles.  And I swore I would hold off for a while!  Dang it lol.  Kinda want to drink the wine I have before buying more.

I just bought: 2010 Pio Cesare Barolo and 2010 Querciabella Chianti Classico

If you guys can get your hands on any 2010 Italian reds, that would be recommended.  Everything I've been reading points to 2010 being an exceptional vintage.  Just read this on Vinous -

The 2010 vintage in Barolo is shaping up to be a modern-day classic. The cool growing season produced transparent, vibrant Barolos that pulsate with tension, crystalline purity and site-specific nuance.

Pio Cesare make's some good wines. I love the Nebbiolo grape personally. I've also been hearing that 2013 vintage is supposed to be very nice coming out of the Piedmont region. 

I'll keep my eye out for anymore '10's floating around, got to run out tomorrow and stock a few more bottles, thanks for the heads up.

• 4 weeks later...

Before i get too pretentious here, bottom line it's all about what you like. If you need a recommendation or pairing I will lead you in the right direction.

Sav blanc: my favorite white. New Zealand or Australia are my favorites. Much more citrusy than cali counterparts. I like oyster bay. Also the fume blanc by ferrari carano is pretty good.

Pinot grigio: ignored because I don't like them, but I have killed a bottle of voga on occasion and the kings estate pinot gris isn't bad.

chardonnay: not a big fan overall but prefer more buttery ones as opposed to oaky. Generally prefer wash state and enjoy clo du bois and rombauer.

Pinot nior: the bella gloss telephone (09'?) is one of the best wines I've ever had.

merlot: not a big fan of these but I am happy with chateau st. Michelle.

Cab: this is my ballpark. Bold, big boy cabs. Altamura is generally very good. Little pricey but nice for a special event. Simi landslide is imo the best bang for your buck when it comes to cab. Absolutely love it. Had an Argentinian cab recently and loved the berry smell and earthy flavor. Will be watching out for those in the future.

I could go on about malbecs, zins, chiantis, tempranillos, etc. but I haven't had enough of them to give an informed opinion. Plus the zins and other heavy blends vary bigtime.

the best wine I ever had was an 07' silver oak Napa cab. Off the chain (alexander valley version sucks imo).

Drank this bad boy this past weekend -

20150411_190448_resized_zpswbydp9av.jpg

1982 was a great year to be born in.    :)  Such a magnificently smooth and delicious wine.

Also just purchased these two bottles, wanted some good everyday drinking wines.

2013 Substance Cabernet Sauvignon

http://www.wine.com/v6/Substance-Cabernet-Sauvignon-2013/wine/139982/Detail.aspx

2012 Concha y Toro Gran Riserva Serie Riberas Cabernet Sauvignon, a Chilean wine.

http://www.wine.com/v6/Concha-y-Toro-Gran-Reserva-Serie-Riberas-Cabernet-Sauvignon-2012/wine/130983/Detail.aspx

Archived