Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN - RG3 says he will lean on his teammates in return

mAshparie36

Agreed, nemo. The thing is, I don't get it. I know some don't like flashier players at the QB position or something, but the dislike he has seems to be personal and fairly intense. I mean, does he even make that face for Vick or for players who've gotten in trouble with the law or the Ray Rices of the league? I'm just trying to understand what it is about RG3 that the dude crosses the line into unprofessional, unflattering and, frankly, immoral public behavior.

Yeah...no idea. You would think he raped his children while making him watch.

I honestly don't remember ever seeing anyone react like that over another player...& there have been a large number of horrific people to play in the NFL. Heath Evans very blatantly obviously is disgusted by the mere existence of RGIII, & i have no logical explanation to provide.

Eff that guy.

Yeah...no idea. You would think he raped his children while making him watch.

I honestly don't remember ever seeing anyone react like that over another player...& there have been a large number of horrific people to play in the NFL. Heath Evans very blatantly obviously is disgusted by the mere existence of RGIII, & i have no logical explanation to provide.

Eff that guy.

maybe if RG3 would win a ****ing football game, no one would talk ****.

Its been well over a year.

Seriously...that response is ridiculous. There has been OJ, Vick, Rapelisbuger, Aldon Smith, Ray Lewis, Brent, that former DE for the Rams who killed 2 people while DUI.......the list goes on...Maurice Clarett, Leaf, Russell, Newton, Irvin...

Not a single one, when mentioned, on any show relative to Football, EVER, has garnered an even remotely similar reaction from any 1 person. If there's an example out there for such consistently repetitive obnoxious disgust i need links...or it didn't happen.

Personally I'm glad he finally realizes that he doesn't have to do everything himself. That was part of the problem... not knowing when a play was over, holding the ball, and forcing throws. Yes got one of the best skill position lineups in all of football. Trust in them to make a play for you

when's the last time he won?

The Chargers game was not " Well over a year ago." Besides, that comment seems odd, considering he was put on ice last year, and was hurt in the second game, a game in which he was making plays. Not to mention that his backup felt the Christmas spirit a little too early, and had one of the worst games I've ever seen.

I have to say that I don't care if RG3 or anyone else on this team is 'flashy.'  I want players with drive and want to be the best.  We need players that want to win and have the drive to.  I think RG3 is that guy.  All of the non flashy guys that don't want to win can go back to FA.

Also, this is not an either or thing.  Just win and be the best dammit.  I'll take 10 Deseans and you can have your Aldricks and Hankersons.

The Chargers game was not " Well over a year ago." Besides, that comment seems odd, considering he was put on ice last year, and was hurt in the second game, a game in which he was making plays. Not to mention that his backup felt the Christmas spirit a little too early, and had one of the worst games I've ever seen.

oh 2 days shy of an entire year. Make your excuses. If he's not on the field, he's not helping the team. 3 straight years, he doesn't play every game. That's pretty key.

More importantly, koolblue, if you paid attention (even a little bit) you'd see we are talking about a very specific broadcaster/opinion-generator and the remarkably disparaging tone of everything related to Robert that he says on air. We're not talking about broader criticism or doubt, we're talking about Heath Evans.

Yours is the typical board response when someone isn't paying attention or labors under a fairly significant misapprehension regarding the ongoing conversation.  Since you can't do us the respect of attending to simple matters like that, maybe you can check out or put down (or pick up) a bottle of beer and relax. Or a nice iced coffee if that is more your thing. 

I'm glad and hope this is his mindset for the next few weeks. It seemed last year he was trying way to hard to make something happen and his play suffered from it combined with bad mechanics from the knee. Go out, relax and just get the ball to the playmakers and let them make plays. Run a couple read options and smart scrambles that take the yards there then get down. Watch everything open up for everyone.

Your poem was timely.  The man who brought me to my first Redskins game (division game vs. the cardinals) passed from this world today.   My father taught me the fight song, the rules of the game and why (at the time) Billy was a better QB than Sonny.  He gave me so much, including my love of our Redskins!!!

I'm sorry for your loss, ILikeBilly.  May my God give you peace during this trying time.

More importantly, koolblue, if you paid attention (even a little bit) you'd see we are talking about a very specific broadcaster/opinion-generator and the remarkably disparaging tone of everything related to Robert that he says on air. We're not talking about broader criticism or doubt, we're talking about Heath Evans.

Yours is the typical board response when someone isn't paying attention or labors under a fairly significant misapprehension regarding the ongoing conversation. Since you can't do us the respect of attending to simple matters like that, maybe you can check out or put down (or pick up) a bottle of beer and relax. Or a nice iced coffee if that is more your thing.

I'm just frustrated with him. I'm tired of making excuses for him and our offense. Maybe you're right. I don't watch TV unless a game is on. Don't live near DC so I don't see articles in the paper.

If he won more football games and didn't put himself out there socially so much, nobody would trash talk him.

oh 2 days shy of an entire year. Make your excuses. If he's not on the field, he's not helping the team. 3 straight years, he doesn't play every game. That's pretty key.

You know... You could avoid continuing to make yourself look dumber and just say that you said something without really thinking it through.

Yes, 2 days short of an entire year, not "Well over a year ago."

He missed the Browns game in '12, was benched last year (conveniently you ignore that) and hurt himself in the second game this year, where he missed the most time. Yeah, he can't help the team if he isn't on the field... No ****. The problem is that has nothing to do with what you or I said, if you even remember, and haven't been drinking.

You said that if he actually won a game, then people would stop talking **** about him (as if winning a game is something he is incapable of). Then you backtrack when I refuted your dumb assertion (because it was really dumb) and ramble about his injury history. Now it's about him "Putting himself out there socially" (whatever the hell that means). Damn Bob and all those Subway commercials and Twitter posts, right? Same nonsensical bull**** I and others have been talking about. I talk about things that actually matter, like his footwork/accuracy, accountability, decision making, etc, and how he handled TC in 2013, yet is BLT's on flatbread and harmless, inspirational tweets that grind your gears and sour you on him.

You accuse me of "Making excuses for him" (apparently you haven't read what I have said about him...... Ever) yet in my eyes, he has to do more than win a game for people to stop talking **** about him. For you, I guess it's more simplified than that. But I'm making excuses. That's funny. What I am, is fair. I don't resort to stupidity (on either side of the "RG3 Debate"). We have seen complete and utter **** at the QB position this year (I am never getting that part of my life back). He is the only one we haven't seen extensively (basically one game). Now is the chance for him to prove himself, and he's said and done all the right things. It's something to look forward to with great anticipation, yet people like you still spew the same old dumbass arguments and punchlines whenever his name comes up. That is pathetic.

Your poem was timely.  The man who brought me to my first Redskins game (division game vs. the cardinals) passed from this world today.   My father taught me the fight song, the rules of the game and why (at the time) Billy was a better QB than Sonny.  He gave me so much, including my love of our Redskins!!!

Sorry for your loss. May God help you and your family in this difficult time. Sending prayers up for you man.

Aw, lawd....the dreaded "FanSpeak" rears it's hyperbolic head again lol...there are apparently some fans who have zero ability to talk about the Redskins in anything BUT FanSpeak--that language where fans feel hyperbole, extremes and insults trump reason, logic and analysis, with a bevy of exclamation points at the end of every other sentence.

Archived