Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GHH's Observations: The Good, The Bad and The 'Meh, the Sky's NOT Falling Reality Perspective' W4: Thursday Night Nightmare.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

That haven't been addressed ad nauseam across many threads and again in the OP?

Nah, I won't enable your B/S and will let you carry on blissfully in your ignorance.

Hail.

Figured. You never do justify any of your (wrong) diagnosis of players, because to do that you'd have to actually Have supporting evidence. Oh well.

Figured. You never do justify any of your (wrong) diagnosis of players, because to do that you'd have to actually Have supporting evidence. Oh well.

See, this is why I am letting it go.

Your doing a darn fine job of talking out of your rear end and making a complete ass of yourself without any extra encouragement.

If and when I'm talking out of mine on A N Player rest assured the savvy football minds among the membership will tell me straight. We're good like that around here. And we debate and acknowledge when we're wrong.

Well, those of us that don't just blindly follow a favourite player to the detriment of everything else and then compound that with a condescending manner over everyone else. (And yeah, I've been doing the same to you in this thread but it's not before time.).

Hail.

The season (so to speak) will be won and lost on our ability to cover the seam passes.  I didn't watch the Giants last game (prior to playing us) but it appears teams want to negate our pass rush by throwing quickly to the seam.  That and finding ways to get Meriweather and Riley man on man.  The Eagles did this cause that's what they do, the Giants used formations that they hadn't used all year to accomplish this and we didn't make any adjustments to it.

So again, it falls on Haz... and faith is low.

The season (so to speak) will be won and lost on our ability to cover the seam passes.  I didn't watch the Giants last game (prior to playing us) but it appears teams want to negate our pass rush by throwing quickly to the seam.  That and finding ways to get Meriweather and Riley man on man.  The Eagles did this cause that's what they do, the Giants used formations that they hadn't used all year to accomplish this and we didn't make any adjustments to it.

So again, it falls on Haz... and faith is low.

Thank you for getting rid of the Haslett picture. It kind of made you look like a fan of his and I know you're not.

i disagree on the point you made about jay gruden and him saying that the giants coaches had their teams ready to go. i have no problem with him saying that. i mean, jay gruden could have worked very hard this week to get the team ready for the giants. none of us know for sure that he didnt. but what we do know is that the giants were better coached. sometimes it all just comes down to execution for a thursday night game. jay gruden could have had his best game-plan out there, and it wont make a difference if the players cant execute it. he was just being honest.

i disagree on the point you made about jay gruden and him saying that the giants coaches had their teams ready to go. i have no problem with him saying that. i mean, jay gruden could have worked very hard this week to get the team ready for the giants. none of us know for sure that he didnt. but what we do know is that the giants were better coached. sometimes it all just comes down to execution for a thursday night game. jay gruden could have had his best game-plan out there, and it wont make a difference if the players cant execute it. he was just being honest.

He openly admitted he didn't have his players ready to go and that that falls squarely on him.

Hail.

He openly admitted he didn't have his players ready to go and that that falls squarely on him.

Hail.

the losing teams always say that. he could have had the players as ready as he could get them, for all we know. the fact is, there will always be one team that is a bit more ready than the other team for a thursday night game. doesnt mean jay gruden didnt do any work at all. just means the giants were a little bit better. i guarantee that with 11 days off, jay will have the team a bit more prepared.

See, this is why I am letting it go.

Your doing a darn fine job of talking out of your rear end and making a complete ass of yourself without any extra encouragement.

If and when I'm talking out of mine on A N Player rest assured the savvy football minds among the membership will tell me straight. We're good like that around here. And we debate and acknowledge when we're wrong.

Well, those of us that don't just blindly follow a favourite player to the detriment of everything else and then compound that with a condescending manner over everyone else. (And yeah, I've been doing the same to you in this thread but it's not before time.).

Hail.

Lmao "blindly follow a favorite player to the detriment of the team". Seems a little hypocritical, considering you blindly hate on Orakpo every chance you get. But yeah, I guess I'm a homer because I point out that you shouldn't expect much from a player who is playing with one good hand. lol.

Thank you for getting rid of the Haslett picture. It kind of made you look like a fan of his and I know you're not.

Honestly, I looked and found the meanest looking pic of Haz that I could... trying to make him a bad ass through osmosis.

It didn't work. :lol:

Bring on the angry rabbit

35j05sl.jpg

So far I see gruden's offense living or dying by the success or lack of at the tight end position. Sean McVay did coach that group last year. We have all seen what Niles has been able to do. Licking my chops to see what Reed can do. Also thinking the Skins need more depth at the TE position. Also De Sean is a liability in the run game. His run blocking is laughable. Coming in Word on the street was number 11 was gonna take the top off of defenses. Which in return would help the run game. So far thats not the case.  Only way I see desean being effective in the run game is on play action. Which i'm still not sure how you pull that off with de sean's run blocking woes. Unless griffins playing. We sall jay use the read option early in the game with success vs the Giants. Maybe should have stuck with that to free de sean up. j noticed vs the Eagles Foles utilized the option passing to freeze our linebackers and especially meriweather  on the same routes we got beat with by eli and megadonnell.

the losing teams always say that. he could have had the players as ready as he could get them, for all we know. the fact is, there will always be one team that is a bit more ready than the other team for a thursday night game. doesnt mean jay gruden didnt do any work at all. just means the giants were a little bit better. i guarantee that with 11 days off, jay will have the team a bit more prepared.

Where did we get from underprepared to not doing any work at all?

Hail.

The most maddening frustrating thing is that Orakpo franchise tag could have been given to two offensive lineman, an O line and safety, tons of other positions of need which is what A LOT of us were upset about. Watt gets and money and says he has everything to prove while Orakpo states he has nothing to prove. That's the difference right there. Kerrigan I think is playing ok.

The most maddening frustrating thing is that Orakpo franchise tag could have been given to two offensive lineman, an O line and safety, tons of other positions of need which is what A LOT of us were upset about. Watt gets and money and says he has everything to prove while Orakpo states he has nothing to prove. That's the difference right there. Kerrigan I think is playing ok.

Ones a top echelon player and winner who understands the dedication it needs to stay at the top.

The other sadly isn't.

I love Ryan but the bottom line is we aren't getting any pressure on any QB not named Chad Henne. So it's hard to give props to anyone involved up top.

Hail.

Ones a top echelon player and winner who understands the dedication it needs to stay at the top.

The other sadly isn't.

I love Ryan but the bottom line is we aren't getting any pressure on any QB not named Chad Henne. So it's hard to give props to anyone involved up top.

Hail.

Ryan has 1 sack 3 hits and 9 hurries against teams not named Jacksonville. Getting sacks and getting pressure are 2 different things.

Are you gonna actually address any of the points I made?

Cast on his hand or not, this is what Orakpo does Kyle. Goes games with nothing, gets 2,3,4 sacks against a team like the Raiders or Jags. Looks like he is getting held every play, never a call. No impact game changing sack fumbles, never anything. Yeah I understand its probably hard to rush with one hand, but nothing would be different if he didn't have the cast on his hand.

Cast on his hand or not, this is what Orakpo does Kyle. Goes games with nothing, gets 2,3,4 sacks against a team like the Raiders or Jags. Looks like his is getting held every play, never a call. No impact game changing sack fumbles, never anything. Yeah I understand its probably hard to rush with one hand, but nothing would be different if he didn't have the cast on his hand.

Cmon man. Dude had a combined 4 sacks 3 hits and 11 hurries against division rivals last year. Also had great games against Atlanta, Chicago, Detriot and GB. You can't possibly think a dude who was dominant last season wouldn't look any different against a player he abused last year if he had both hands.

Cmon man. Dude had a combined 4 sacks 3 hits and 11 hurries against division rivals last year. Also had great games against Atlanta, Chicago, Detriot and GB. You can't possibly think a dude who was dominant last season wouldn't look any different against a player he abused last year if he had both hands.

Before last year he had what 0 sacks against the division (could be wrong but I know it was very few). The truth is when we have a huge game and need him to show up, he doesnt. I can't even remember more than one or two times in his career he has had a sack fumble. Sorry I just don't see him worth a sizable chunk of our salary cap. History is on my side on this. More than happy to give him 6-7 million a year, anything over that is better spent elsewhere which was def the case for this year.

I'd rather just scrap the entire 3-4 and go back to 4-3. Before the change our defense was always in the top half of the league.

Archived