Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The third preseason game against the Ravens will be a good test for this team

Boss_Hogg

Well, in the game Foles threw 50% of the picks he threw last season, so that's good.   <_<

true and he also threw 2 in the prior preseason game which matched his total for all of last regular season...  but even with that, their starters don't look to shabby...  sproles looks like... well... sproles....  and their line is giving him time to throw.....  so i'm really hoping our O will be more consistent than we've seen so far this saturday night

I figure this will be as good as any place to show that the Redskins will join their failbrothers the Lions and Bucs as winless season NFL teams. Or at least so sayeth foxsports.com/nfl

Teams Projected Score

WAS@HOU 25 26

JAX@WAS 26 24

WAS@PHI 22 28

NYG@WAS 29 24

SEA@WAS 26 20

WAS@ARI 21 29

TEN@WAS 26 23

WAS@DAL 28 30

WAS@MIN  28 29

BYE (they would have loved to add another L here)

TB@WAS 27 25

WAS@SF 19 27

WAS@IND 23 28

STL@WAS 28 23

WAS@NYG 25 29

PHI@WAS 29 22

DAL@WAS 28 26

I don't post a lot and don't profane a lot but this is some ****ing bull**** man. Wtf, really? 0-16? ****ing white sportswriters and their white guilt, why don't they give Manhattan or the Louisiana Purchase back to the Red Man, and THEN come and talk about the name of our favorite team. I hate the media, and these idiots who write forecasts like our Redskins going 0-16. You suck ass foxsports "sports journalists", and its not even like the old days where someone would have to make something up to compete with the other big news names in town, because now literally anyone can come along and say the Redskins are gonna go 0-16.

I don't usually, but yea, I'm mad as heck right now after seeing that.

Wow just wow!

ES once had an emoticon flag available that said, "**** the Ravens!"  Long live that flag and the others ES lost.  Preseason or not, hope we whip that ass and they crawl home like they've been raped by porcupines.  Hope we game plan and make them the jokers.    

true and he also threw 2 in the prior preseason game which matched his total for all of last regular season...  but even with that, their starters don't look to shabby...  sproles looks like... well... sproles....  and their line is giving him time to throw.....  so i'm really hoping our O will be more consistent than we've seen so far this saturday night

Yeah, I'm hoping the difference is that they've been out there longer than most 1st teams this preseason.  Kelly's had their starters playing a lot, almost 5 quarters of football, so far this preseason.  Compare that with our starters, who've played less than 2 quarters, and will have played about 1 full game by the end of the next game.  Not to mention the Eagles looked terrible in their first game, and a little better in their second.

Of course, this is me trying to find reasons to be optimistic, but regardless of what people think, the more you play in the preseason, the less rust you have to shake off during that first game (and the more you risk injuries to starters, so I'll take some rust).

The thing I'd like to see from the Skins is the running game to come back, and improvement in the passing game (though really it looked pretty good last game).  Mostly consistency.

F Harbaugh. But I still hope we lose. Out of nothing but superstition. I don't want to go 4-0 in preseason again and be terrified of a repeat performance. Let's hope our number ones look brilliant, and then who gives a damn in the loss

I hope we lose the next one.  I don't care if backups and guys trying to scrap for the last spot on the team lose a game all by themselves. I just wish our starters looked more ready, but we've only had 2 1/2 quarters of warm-up football, here's to the next 2.  

Though, someone put up a chart with the last few undefeated preseason teams and there were several SB winners on the list, including last years' Seahawks.  So, losings not everything.   :lol:

Our secondary has looked outstanding, same with our pass rush. The Ravens will be a great test for out defense. I'm excited to see how Amerson and Bash do against their passing attack. I think the front 7 will handle RR with ease. Between playing contain last year and practicing against RG3 and our backs, it's hard to sneak anything past us.

So, Bash, Anderson and Rambo, I want to see if they still continue to look this good.

I want to see if Rak can continue to look as great as he has been playing.

Keenan, I'm interested in seeing his cover skills, as I assume he will be keeping an eye on Ray Rice, while still looking to stay on the TE.

Hatcher. I want to se what our front 3 Dlineman can do. This is a great Oline to test them and see if we can pressure with 3/4 guys, because that is a major game changer for us.

This game is a great test for the Redskins, both teams will be playing like it's for real and we will get to see how we measure up to an elite team in this league. I wan't to see Flacco on his back all night, their offense has whipped up 60 points in the last 2 games and our offense move the ball down the field and end drives with 6. I can't wait for this one, please no injuries to either team. 

Our secondary has looked outstanding, same with our pass rush...Hatcher. I want to se what our front 3 Dlineman can do. This is a great Oline to test them and see if we can pressure with 3/4 guys, because that is a major game changer for us.

This is the part that gets me excited.  The pass rush looks GREAT, especially the push by the DL, and our biggest FA signing for the D hasn't even played a snap yet.

Can't wait to see what that DL looks like with all 3 starters and Jenkins subbing in (since he's finally looking dominant like he supposedly did before his rookie injury).  They've been collapsing the pocket pretty well.

This is the part that gets me excited. The pass rush looks GREAT, especially the push by the DL, and our biggest FA signing for the D hasn't even played a snap yet.

Can't wait to see what that DL looks like with all 3 starters and Jenkins subbing in (since he's finally looking dominant like he supposedly did before his rookie injury). They've been collapsing the pocket pretty well.

and all of our linebackers have looked good too, both blitzing and in coverage.

and all of our linebackers have looked good too, both blitzing and in coverage.

Agreed.  I actually think Murphy's done a good job.  People forget that with most 2nd rounders not a ton should be expected.  Sure they should show consistent improvement, but they're not expected to play like a first rounder.  I think because he's our first pick this season, he's been judged a little unfairly.  

The guy has helped, but as someone else said, it's not always because his play is in your face, it's because he's doing a good job progressing and he is making a difference when he's on the field.  He's already better than any of our other OLB, IMO.  Considering that even Matt Millen, the newest great Skins hater, said we have one of the premier pass rushing OLB combos in the league (Kerrigan and Orakpo) I think being second string to them is pretty good.  Heck, getting on the field with them is pretty damn good.

This is the part that gets me excited.  The pass rush looks GREAT, especially the push by the DL, and our biggest FA signing for the D hasn't even played a snap yet.

Can't wait to see what that DL looks like with all 3 starters and Jenkins subbing in (since he's finally looking dominant like he supposedly did before his rookie injury).  They've been collapsing the pocket pretty well.

With you. Ive been chomping at the bit to see what impact Hatcher will have.

I just hope we can finish some drives on offense. The game against the Browns and the middle finger wrangler, was some what disappointing. The Skins left to many plays on the field offensively, not sure about RG#3 footwork,hopefully Robert can shine.Big test for our defense, if we can get some pressure on Baltimore, I will feel some cautious optimism . Lastly, no injuries! Hail

Archived