Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So who really is the best young qb in the NFL? great read.. statisical analysis of the up and coming 7 young qb's

RG3Gruden

Whether Luck is or is not an elite QB is not really the basic fundamental point anymore.  Your continued homerism towards Luck has blinded you so that you can't step back and see what you write.

The word fixated and obsessive is what I would describe what you have become.  But, go ahead and comment that you are not just like you have done with your recent posts.

So people can't be fans of a sport and have favorite players they enjoy watching play when they are not watching their team?  He's posting/discussing on a message board designed for debates/discussions.  Y'all always bash on him for liking/praising Andrew Luck.  

Just so I can understand the unwritten rules here, please clarify.  It's ok for Luck to be mentioned in a thread, weather positive or negative by any poster on here not named Bubble Screen, but if Bubble mentions/comments on him then he's fixated, obsessive, trolling, blinded, etc.?  

How is it any different that all the Redskins fans that posted in the Cam Newton thread that were all over Cam like they wanted to have his man babies?  I'm not going to start listing off posters, but if you review that thread, you see the same talk in favor of Cam, but that's ok, for whatever reason.  

Hell, I loved watching Brett Favre play, I loved watching Randell Cunningham play, I love watching Peyton Manning play, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Dan Marino, John Elway, AP, LT (both of them), Walter Peyton, Barry Sanders, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Andrew Luck, and the list goes on and on.  I love my Redskins first and foremost, like all of us on here.  

You guys just need to get a grip and let it go.  

Let go of what exactly?

I am not bashing his opinion that Luck is or is not an elite QB.  He believes he is and has provided points to back up his claim.  Time will tell if he is right.

It is also clear that you view Tanehill as a QB that will benched in the coming years and never see the field again.  That's fine, it is your opinion.

And, where in THIS thread did I EVER mention the Cam Newton thread?  Where did I compare anything to that thread or bring any type of comparision to that thread.  I am in THIS thread.  Feel free to post in THAT thread if  you want to talk about anything Cam Newton.  Feel free to bash whoever you want reference Cam in that thread.

Posters certainly have a right to post their opinion, but when someone gets to the point of obsession, I often wonder why?  I enjoy and have a lot of respect for Mr. Rodgers and is the only QB in the league I would take if the skins did not have RGIII.  Brady, Brees, Manning are all at the end of the careers and Rodgers is better than Luck or Tanehill or Wilson or Cape and even Mr. Cam.

That said, I don't have a facination with Rodgers, just respect for him and I enjoy watching him play.  If you disagree with me, that's ok, not going to repeat over and over and over again that he is a better QB than the list above.  Not going to state that every coach, player, manager, or fan that ever lived stated on their blog that he is the best QB in the league.  And finally, I believe the eye test would back up my claim that Mr. Rodgers is an elite QB.

And lastly, you have a nice day as well.

Let go of what exactly?

I am not bashing his opinion that Luck is or is not an elite QB.  He believes he is and has provided points to back up his claim.  Time will tell if he is right.

It is also clear that you view Tanehill as a QB that will benched in the coming years and never see the field again.  That's fine, it is your opinion.

And, where in THIS thread did I EVER mention the Cam Newton thread?  Where did I compare anything to that thread or bring any type of comparision to that thread.  I am in THIS thread.  Feel free to post in THAT thread if  you want to talk about anything Cam Newton.  Feel free to bash whoever you want reference Cam in that thread.

Posters certainly have a right to post their opinion, but when someone gets to the point of obsession, I often wonder why?  I enjoy and have a lot of respect for Mr. Rodgers and is the only QB in the league I would take if the skins did not have RGIII.  Brady, Brees, Manning are all at the end of the careers and Rodgers is better than Luck or Tanehill or Wilson or Cape and even Mr. Cam.

That said, I don't have a facination with Rodgers, just respect for him and I enjoy watching him play.  If you disagree with me, that's ok, not going to repeat over and over and over again that he is a better QB than the list above.  Not going to state that every coach, player, manager, or fan that ever lived stated on their blog that he is the best QB in the league.  And finally, I believe the eye test would back up my claim that Mr. Rodgers is an elite QB.

And lastly, you have a nice day as well.

I'm not bashing anyone Fred, everyone can like/pull for whomever they want to pull for as a team or individual player they like watching play, including Cam.  

The entire reason I even referenced that particular thread is that you called out a man for liking and defending a player he loves to watch play.  I can see by your post count that you have been here for quite sometime, so I'm sure you either participated or at least read posts from the Cam thread last year.  Otherwise, you wouldn't feel the need to call another poster obsessive, fixated and a homer for Luck based solely on his posts in this particular thread.

If you didn't, that's why I referenced the thread, because there were posters drooling over Cam and defending him and making it sound like he was the next messiah.  Maybe you aren't as vocal as other people in supporting your claims, that's fine too, we all are different and do things different ways.  

There was nothing really positive in your response to the man, you basically were calling him out.  It's a forum board, we discuss and debate topics, sometimes to the extreme.  No need to get upset about it, we are all on the same team at the end of the day.

Anyhow, I'm gonna bow out of this tread.  I've posted my thoughts on Tannehill in response to some posts on here.  

Russell Wilson - 2013

PFF Grade 25.5

Positives

• Second-best grade on third down at +13.1, including a +5.6 grade on 3rd-and-long.

• Led the league with +9.9 on plays that broke out of the pocket and ranked second on designed rollouts at +4.7.

• Showed well at pass depths, namely 11-20 yards (+7.6), 21-30 yards (+6.6), and 31-40 yards (+3.1).

• Threw extremely well outside the numbers, including +12.1 to the left and +10.3 to the right.

• Third-highest grade when pressured (+4.5) and also graded well from a clean pocket (+19.2).

• Led the league with a +21.5 grade against the blitz, including a +14.4 grade on third down.

• Showed well on 7-to-8-yard drop-backs (+10.6), and drop-backs of 9 yards or longer (+6.0).

• Led the league with a +14.5 grade on plays lasting at least 3.6 seconds.

• Graded at +23.9 when throwing to wide receivers (by alignment).

• Tied for league lead with a +6.0 grade on crossing routes, and also showed well on hitches (+5.6) and go routes (+10.7).

Negatives

• Graded at -2.7 on throws of at least 40 yards in the air.

• Graded at -0.1 on throws in between the numbers.

• Struggled in the first quarter (-9.1).

• Posted a negative grade when pressured from a traditional rush (-4.1).

• Graded at only -1.0 when throwing to tight ends.

Andrew Luck

PFF Grade 2013

Positives

• Among the league’s best on third down (+10.9) including a +6.8 grade on 3rd-and-10+

• Second-highest grade on 2nd-and-medium (+9.5).

• Fourth-highest grade on designed rollouts (+3.6).

• Among the league’s best on passes thrown at least 30 yards in the air (+2.3) and passes thrown at least 40 yards in the air (+2.4).

• Graded at +5.9 on passes thrown outside the numbers to the right.

• Fifth-highest grade when pressured (+1.0).

• Third-highest grade on drop-backs of 9 or more yards (+11.8).

• Graded at +6.9 on drop-backs lasting 2.6 to 3.0 seconds and ranked third with a +10.8 grade on drop-backs lasting at least 3.6 seconds.

• Graded at +8.9 when throwing to the slot (by alignment).

• Ranked second with a +7.9 grade on ‘in’ routes.

Negatives

• Fifth-lowest grade on 2nd-and-long (-7.2).

• Graded at -5.4 on passes thrown in the 11-to-20-yard range and -1.4 on passes thrown in the 21-to-30-yard range.

• Graded at -4.4 on drop-backs lasting 2.1 to 2.5 seconds.

• Graded at -0.3 on passes thrown outside the numbers to the left.

• Struggled on 4-to-6-yard drop-backs (-7.1).

• Graded at -0.9 on post routes and -0.3 on go routes.

Tendencies

• Threw 59.4% of passes in between the numbers; above the league average of 53.3%.

• Faced pressure on 37.5% of drop-backs; 15th-highest in the league.

• Faced third down blitzes 41.9% of the time; ninth-highest in the league.

• Threw to the slot (by alignment) 37.3% of the time; well above the league average of 29.2%.

• Threw screens on 12.0% of drop-backs; tied for eighth highest in the league.

• 13.7% of attempts were crossing routes; seventh-highest in the league.

You think that was "objective"? That was pure rubbish. Do you honestly think RG3 should be ranked ahead of Andrew Luck? Seriously? smh

Yes i do. Through 2 seasons Griffin is better. Luck will never post a QB rating for a season over 100 because he makes poor decisions at times. Just like the write up says, he does some things well, he does some things poor. Baring injury, it is an absolute lock that Griffin will have a better season than Luck.

Yes i do. Through 2 seasons Griffin is better. Luck will never post a QB rating for a season over 100 because he makes poor decisions at times. Just like the write up says, he does some things well, he does some things poor. Baring injury, it is an absolute lock that Griffin will have a better season than Luck.

You think Griffin has had a better first TWO seasons than Luck? LOL smh

I don't even know where this conversation is right now, just came in to see if it was really still going.  I'm just here recognizing the rare SHF sighting.

It's been a while...maybe only because I stick to the stadium forum.

• 1 month later...

luck is playing his best football right now. he is venturing into the elite category if he can keep it up, which I believe he can.

He's already there.

Never let me live it down? I have not backed away from it.

I affirm it, I stand by it.

Put it in your sig for all I care. DG thinks Ryan Tannehill and Luck are on the same level. YES. 100%. All Day.

FAIL

Archived