Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So who really is the best young qb in the NFL? great read.. statisical analysis of the up and coming 7 young qb's

RG3Gruden

'If you think....' Is a poorly disguised strawman when YOU know exactly what I think because I stated just a few posts ago.

That's a trolltastic tactic.

I already explained it, bro. Using stats as the sole indicator of which player is better, is idiotic.

Using stats can be a good thing. But you have to know how to interpret (stats can lie) them by what you're 'seeing on the field'.

Your childlike and media driven "understanding" of football prevents you any ability accurately discern QB play.

Thats why its no surprise that you,the same guy that bashed Cam despite his production, are now mindlessly calling Luck elite when you can't find a statistical measure where he's better then dun-in schi dun-in W I L S O N!!

So of course someone like you would have to disregard stats. And event strawman rationales about them.

Of course you wouldn't be able to give a direct response to PFF ( a well respected site used by NFL teams) grading Tannehill ahead of Luck. Well other then again sticking your silly head in the sand and hugging tightly to a strawman about stats that no one here believes.

Bravo this is much better trolling then before, but still just as easily shot down.

And oh btw-

You know full well I was saying Tannehill was on the same level as Luck BEFORE the PFF grades came out. It must be shock that a well respected site like PFF, ranks a QB whose play you can't possibly evaluate because you lack the football chops, ahead of your QB demi-god. Don't worry by next year when mainstream football media starts to realize it then you'll feel even more silly then you did in your misguided Cam Newton thread. Oh wait all this must seem 'idiotic' to you.

You'll probably have to read it a few times before you understand it. Or better yet wait til later in the season when ESPN spoon feeds it to you.

Lol, cheers!

^^ Lol Tannehill ISN'T on Luck's level though. That's the point you're missing. You can't look at stats ALONE to determine this player is better than that one. You have to...wait for it... WATCH THE GAMES... to determine if the stats measure up to the eye test. You're clueless if you think Tannehill is on Luck's level LOL

^^ Lol Tannehill ISN'T on Luck's level though. That's the point you're missing. You can't look at stats ALONE to determine this player is better than that one. You have to...wait for it... WATCH THE GAMES... to determine if the stats measure up to the eye test. You're clueless if you think Tannehill is on Luck's level LOL

Empty rhetoric. Like speaking to a child.

What kind of discussion would it make if I argued like you?

Lol Tannehill lS on Luck's level though. That's the point you're missing. You don't need to look at stats alone to determine this player is better than that one. You have to...wait for it... WATCH THE GAMES... THEN look at the stats which back-up the eye test. Tannehill IS on Luck's level. Heck some like PFF (used by NFL teams) even has Tannehill graded out HIGHER then Luck.

You're clueless if you  don't think Tannehill is on Luck's level LOL

I personally think Tannehill is one hell of an athlete and he has upside if he continues to develop, but he is a project in the works.  I just looked at three different set of QB rankings, all of them had him ranked 24-27, well behind Wilson, Luck, Kap, Newton and they had RGIII not to far above him.  

Heck, one set of rankings had him ranked 26th just above Geno Smith (27th) and right behind Michael Vick (25th).  I take rankings with a grain of salt, but right now, he is not on the same level as Wilson, Luck, Kap or Newton.  I won't toss RGIII in there because after the way he played last season, I think he needs to prove to us he was the QB he was in 2012, and I think he is, but it needs to show on the field.

In fairness to Tannehill, his o-line sucked and he lost one of the top WRs in the league.  As I stated before, he has made the best of a ****ty situation, but everything hasn't come together for the guy yet and it may never.  I personally think that he will not be a starting QB 3 years from now.  Bookmark that I said that, if he ends up being elite, or still starting in 3 years, dig this post up and I will eat crow.

Bubble Screen                                                                                                                          

Still waiting for a direct response about ProFootballFocus ranking Tannehill ahead of Luck?

Oh, remember that thread you started about this guy.........

Cam-Newton-420x287.jpg

You we're spot on then huh?

Bubble Screen                                                                                                                          

Still waiting for a direct response about ProFootballFocus ranking Tannehill ahead of Luck?

I know this is directed at BS and I'm not responding for him, but I took the time to look at PFF as posted in your link earlier in the thread.  My question to you DG, are we talking about fantasy football rankings?  Or are we talking about real NFL QB rankings independent of fantasy football?

Because PFF seems to be geared towards fantasy football and is breaking down multiple stats on each QB and how they fare against their peers.  Maybe I'm wrong on that, but that was my take looking around on their website.

Because PFF seems to be geared towards fantasy football and is breaking down multiple stats on each QB and how they fare against their peers. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but that was my take looking around on their website.

PFF has a separate fantasy football portion of the site that is a whole separate subscription, so I think you might be confused.

Bubble Screen

Oh, remember that thread you started about this guy.........

You we're spot on then huh?

My only problem with Cam, prior to last year, was that he put up great numbers, but didn't win games.

I fail to see your point?

Tannehill=Luck? LMAO

Clueless.

That's the first time I've been to their website. At first I thought it was all fantasy related, but I see now that I was incorrect.

It doesn't matter though. You can't base your opinion on one player being better than another, based off stats alone.

We just proved this to Kyle in a baseball thread a few days ago.

He tried using stats to say Phil Hughes is the 6th best player in baseball. He may not even be top 20.

He tried saying Alex Gordon was better than Miguel Cabrera. LOL No explanation needed there.

Then, based off the fact that our beloved Jason Heyward had the 2nd highest WAR in the NL, he tried telling me that meant Heyward was the 2nd best player in the NL. We both know that is not the case.

Lol, ever heard the expression a lie don't care who tells it?

Still waiting for a direct response to PFF grading Tannehill out ahead of Luck.

Luck=Elite moronic

I have 26 coaches, GMs, and execs in the NFL that rated Luck the 5th best QB overall, to back me up. You have your nerdy stats, that EVERYONE but you seems to know, doesn't tell the whole story.

Tannehill=Luck? ROFL

I said Heyward is the 2nd most valuable to his team. I said said that Gordon is a more valuable all around player but repeatedly stated Cabrera is the best hitter in the majors. Also, I said Hughes has pitched like a top 6 pitcher, his ERA and WHIP are irrelevant to how well he actually pitched.

You present your opinion as fact without any evidence to support it.

It doesn't matter though. You can't base your opinion on one player being better than another, based off stats alone.

Dude, just stop it.

NO ONE is doing what you are saying above its another one of your paper thin strawman constructs.

You know FULL well that I don't base my opinion of Tannehill being on the same level as Luck on stats alone because YOU KNOW I was saying this BEFORE PFF stats came out.

You're getting all bent out of shape because the PFF stats SUPPORT (actually go beyond since they rank Tannehill ahead of Luck) my opinion.

Some of us can look at play on the field (like you were unable to do with Cam Newton) then check to see if our opinions are supported by the stats.

You on the other hand buy into the media hype and since the stats DO NOT support your opinion you're forced to make the lamest attempts to discount the stats.

Lol, weak bro....

I said Heyward is the 2nd most valuable to his team. I said said that Gordon is a more valuable all around player but repeatedly stated Cabrera is the best hitter in the majors. Also, I said Hughes has pitched like a top 6 pitcher, his ERA and WHIP are irrelevant to how well he actually pitched.

You present your opinion as fact without any evidence to support it.

You need to stop lying, man. I have proof that says otherwise.

Tazer, btw, this website Kyle is referring to is where he got the idea that DWAYNE ALLEN was the 2nd best TE in the NFL in 2012.

Lolololol

A statement you couldn't a wouldn't prove wrong by the way, as your only rebuttal was "the other guys had more production" to which I responded (multiple times) that his Ypc, yac per catch and catch % were all as high or higher than the 3 guys you listed as "the best". You can't slight a guys performance because he didn't see the ball very much. Allen was also the best blocking tight end in the league.

You need to stop lying, man. I have proof that says otherwise.

What am I lying about?

Dude, just stop it.

NO ONE is doing what you are saying above its another one of your paper thin strawman constructs.

You know FULL well that I don't base my opinion of Tannehill being on the same level as Luck because YOU KNOW I was saying this BEFORE PFF stats came out.

You're getting all bent out of shape because the PFF stats SUPPORT (actually go beyond since they rank Tannehill ahead of Luck) my opinion.

Some of us can look at play on the field (like you were unable to do with Cam Newton) then check to see if our opinions are supported by the stats.

You on the other hand buy into the media hype and since the stats DO NOT support your opinion you're forced to make the lamest attempts to discount the stats.

Lol, weak bro....

I don't care what you said when about Tannehill. The point is, he's NOT, nor will EVER be, better than Luck.

And I already explained the Cam thing. Stop being an idiot.

BS-

Stop with your changing the subject tactic.

I don't care what you said when about Tannehill. The point is, he's NOT, nor will EVER be, better than Luck.

And I already explained the Cam thing. Stop being an idiot.

LMAO this is your direct response to PFF grading Tannehill ahead of Luck?...Sweet.

I think anyone that reads this thread that didn't know you before, will clearly be able to see who is being an idiot.

The only way you could explain the 'Cam thing' is to admit to being dead wrong about Cam.

And admit to creating a thread that served the biggest dose of crow I ever seen one poster eat.

-Cheers BS

You're elite, just like Luck

Lmao

BS-

Stop with your changing the subject tactic.

LMAO this is your direct response to PFF grading Tannehill ahead of Luck?...Sweet.

I think anyone that reads this thread that didn't know you before, will clearly be able to see who is being an idiot.

The only way you could explain the 'Cam thing' is to admit to being dead wrong about Cam.

And admit to creating a thread that served the biggest dose of crow I ever seen one poster eat.

-Cheers BS

You're elite, just like Luck

Lmao

I didn't change anything. I have clearly stated you can't JUST look at stats to base your opinion on a player. That you have to be able to interpret what the stat is telling you, ALONG WITH watching the guy play. You are clearly basing your opinion that Tannehill is equal to Luck based on stats, and not factoring in the eye test. THAT'S what is ignorant about your argument.

As for Cam: I was comparing him to Luck, more often than not. And HERE AGAIN, you are trying to say that Cam is the better QB, based off stats alone. You just don't get it.

And I never said Cam wasn't a good QB. My problem with him was that he put up great stats, but it didn't translate into WINS, until last year.

Luck has put up numbers, and more importantly, WON, his entire career.

Stay delusional.

I didn't change anything. I have clearly stated you can't JUST look at stats to base your opinion on a player....You are clearly basing your opinion that Tannehill is equal to Luck based on stats, and not factoring in the eye test. THAT'S what is ignorant about your argument.

Lol Tannehill lS on Luck's level though. That's the point you're missing. You don't need to look at stats alone to determine this player is better than that one. You have to...wait for it... WATCH THE GAMES... THEN look at the stats which back-up the eye test. Tannehill IS on Luck's level. Heck some like PFF (used by NFL teams) even has Tannehill graded out HIGHER then Luck.

You're clueless if you don't think Tannehill is on Luck's level LOL

As for Cam: I was comparing him to Luck, more often than not. And HERE AGAIN, you are trying to say that Cam is the better QB, based off stats alone. You just don't get.

QUOTE WHERE I'VE DONE THIS, STOP TELLING LIES

And I never said Cam wasn't a good QB. My problem with him was that he put up great stats, but it didn't translate into WINS, until last year.

Stay delusional.

Almost nothing you wrote above is true.

Seriously quote where I've said the above.

In fact I've pointed out the exact opposite about my opinion on Tannehill which I know you know pre-dates PFF stats. I even put it in your format so you would understand it. I re-posted just below your obviously incorrect statements above.

That's why you are BS are such an appropriate initials for you.

Most of what you post is pure BS. You post things that you know are incorrect and keep your fingers crossed that no one calls you on it. You flood the thread with so much BS that you figure some it has to fly just based on volume.

Maybe if you weren't on Luck so hard he would have the energy to put up elite numbers.

It must be hard to play football with you hanging all over him like this.

-Cheers

I didn't change anything. I have clearly stated you can't JUST look at stats to base your opinion on a player. That you have to be able to interpret what the stat is telling you, ALONG WITH watching the guy play. You are clearly basing your opinion that Tannehill is equal to Luck based on stats, and not factoring in the eye test. THAT'S what is ignorant about your argument.

As for Cam: I was comparing him to Luck, more often than not. And HERE AGAIN, you are trying to say that Cam is the better QB, based off stats alone. You just don't get it.

Stay delusional.

You're insane if you think Luck is better than Cam Newton....

Archived