Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predicting NFL's Biggest Win-Loss Turnarounds in 2014

MEANDWARF

Nice article by Kristopher Knox with the prediction of the Redskins going from 3-13 in 2013 to 9-7 in 2014.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2105422-predicting-nfls-biggest-win-loss-turnarounds-in-2014

According to USA Today's Jim Corbett, Griffin is now without the bulky knee brace he sported last season and looks like a "completely different player." This means we should see at least some of the magic that helped Griffin lead Washington to the playoffs in his inaugural NFL campaign.

The addition of wide receiver DeSean Jackson should certainly help Griffin as he looks to rebound.

The Washington defense, which ranked 18th overall last season (354.1 yards per game allowed), should see a boost from free-agent defensive lineman Jason Hatcher and rookie second-round linebacker Trent Murphy. Hatcher recently underwent surgery but is only expected to miss four to six weeks.

As long as Griffin and the offense can hold up their end of the bargain, the defense shouldn't be under as much pressure as last season, when offensive points were relatively difficult to come by.

He's wrong. We'll win at least 10 games and make playoffs.

I'm on this wagon, The Redskins are going to be a nightmare to every team on their schedule. We will not only win the NFC East, we will have a legit shot at going all the way. Am I being a homer? Maybe, but in 2012 we would have been the team to look out for if the Griffin injury never happened.

I'm tempering my expectations at 8-8...I expect to see improvement in spades, but perhaps a lack of overall talent will get us in trouble against our schedule (see: Texans pass rush vs highly questionable revamped OL). If we answer some of the bigger questions, while making big time turnarounds on ST's, & turnovers...then I could see us doing some real damage.

That damage can be fully maximized if the offense is remotely as explosive as we think it will be.

Thanks for sharing Dwarf.  Good slideshow and the guy seems to have tempered expectations of all the teams mentioned.

9-7 would be a great achievement, playoffs as the division winner ( I don't want a wildcard - I want us to earn our ticket).

HTTR

I think the Texans have a good shot of really improving, which is why the first game of the year is going to be so tough.  If Clowney is available (and healthy), their DL is pure nasty.  I'm not sure who's going to block J. J. Watt under the best of circumstances.  That terrifies me.

And somebody has got to cover Andre Johnson.  The good news is that nobody is going to confuse Fitzpatrick with Tom Brady, but Fitz can get the ball out quick. Which means you need to tackle well. Which hasn't been exactly the strongest area for our defense. 

The only way to beat the Texans is going to be with a quick (and I mean Peyton Manning quick) passing game, and a strong running game.  

If I had to bet, I think the Texans are the most improved team record wise, and I think the 'Skins might be next.  That Texans team wasn't as bad as they looked.  They've got 8-10 win talent on that team.  They certainly have an 8-10 win defense.  

The 'Skins have the same.  The difference is that they have 8-10 win talent on offense.  And a huge ? on defense.  IF the defense plays "ok" and is middle of the road scoring, they'll be a 10 win team. If not, they won't. It's about that simple.  

Archived