Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nipplegate at 10: How Justin Won Superbowl XXXVIII, and How Janet Lost

Lombardi's_kid_brother

Do I really have to say that the ability of a pop star to say relevant is realted to their degree of popularity when they were popular?

And that his explains why people Madonna has outlasted not just Janet, but the likes of Cindy Lauper, Anita Baker, and Gloria Estefan in terms of presence in pop culture?

And is also relevant to men and explains why Prince is being advertised as being on a sit com post-SB geared for the 20-30 age group, and I haven't hear anything about Richard Marx since the 1990s.

Really simply, Madonna is more popular today and plays in bigger areneas and has more oppurtunties today because she was essentially always more popular than Janet (except for maybe a 2 year period around 1990) and Lauper, Baker, and Estefan.

**EDIT**

And musically out of that group give me Anita Baker, but I bet you'd have a hard time finding people that know her or her music.

friend, what are you doing? Again, no one has said Janet was ever more popular than Madonna.

his point was that superstars like Madonna, the Rolling Stones, Elvis, Tone Loc, The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, and even Michael Jackson.... they are in a different class than everyone else.**  Comparing what happens to THEM is irrelevant when discussing what happens to "normal" stars, like Janet Jackson.

**  i fully recognize that one of those superstars stands out, and isn't really comprable to the rest.   Frank Sinatra was a completely different generation, really.  Although the rules still apply :)

If you dont think race had something to do with it, which is all my post said I never said it was the only reason, then you are well off here. SHE got blamed for Justin Timberlake ripping off her top. SHE got blamed for it.

400 years of racial history, especially against black woman who had no control over their own bodies for a large chunk of that 400 years, should never be ignored.

She took the blame for it and never offered an alternative explanation for what happened. How does 400 hundred years of racial history play into that? The article argues that she was pressured into apologizing and implies that her apology wasn't an accurate description of what really occurred but really doesn't offer any evidence. She said she made the change after the final rehearsal. Why isn't that true?

Also if she did lie in her apology, because she was pressured into it, who pressured a mega star and under threat of what?

Archived